Project Aiko
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» introducing the cyberpunk software design pattern
Who want to see Sumomo From Chobits made? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 1:57 am by japlu

» LG book updates
Who want to see Sumomo From Chobits made? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 5:54 pm by japlu

» LivinGrimoire swift version added
Who want to see Sumomo From Chobits made? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 23, 2022 9:55 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire is now available in python as well
Who want to see Sumomo From Chobits made? - Page 3 EmptyTue May 03, 2022 9:03 am by japlu

» livingrimoire auxiliary modules
Who want to see Sumomo From Chobits made? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2022 4:51 pm by japlu

» [Python] Thinkable class
Who want to see Sumomo From Chobits made? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2022 7:11 pm by japlu

» owly check this out
Who want to see Sumomo From Chobits made? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 5:03 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire AGI
Who want to see Sumomo From Chobits made? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 4:35 pm by japlu

» Cherry Blossom Technology Launch!!!
Who want to see Sumomo From Chobits made? - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 10:42 am by BlueSodaX

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who want to see Sumomo From Chobits made?

+17
ico
mikeccuk2005
Mel Addison
PJ
Discoman
SixStringSamurai
Balmung
Artilects rule!
kalaith
poto
Kal-el
WulfCry
captquazar
andrew motz
Reaper
Konrad13
Aiko
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who want to see Sumomo From Chobits made? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who want to see Sumomo From Chobits made?

Post  mikeccuk2005 Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:08 pm

PJ wrote:Make a mini hacune miku =3

A life sized has been done by a Japanese guy, I found YT of this project going on. Check this out:
There are 5 parts to this video, however it is all in Japanese.
Spoiler *her mouth moves, her arms and fingers ^^*

first part
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR2j9x4rCGc&feature=channel

mikeccuk2005

Back to top Go down

Who want to see Sumomo From Chobits made? - Page 3 Empty That was uterly amazing!

Post  MovieMak Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:30 pm

That was uterly amazing!

thanks for the link.

MovieMak

Back to top Go down

Who want to see Sumomo From Chobits made? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who want to see Sumomo From Chobits made?

Post  PJ Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:32 am

mikeccuk2005 wrote:
PJ wrote:Make a mini hacune miku =3

A life sized has been done by a Japanese guy, I found YT of this project going on. Check this out:
There are 5 parts to this video, however it is all in Japanese.
Spoiler *her mouth moves, her arms and fingers ^^*

first part
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR2j9x4rCGc&feature=channel

well yes i know that one already for quite a long time.
but she isnt made to scale does't look realistic n terms of her arm/s *look at the weird joints*

and the skin isn't even made of silicone.
also her arms are stiff.
and her hands horribly deformed.

im making one true scale by calculating every single bits according to the official miku length.
and the miku in the video is not a robot she's an animatronic, however she decided to call it that way.
and yeah having one motor or servo is a big spoiler indeed.

I'm using alot of motors and some small motherboards and microprocessor instead of just one.
it's alot more expensive in costs and complex.
So expect real wow results later on.
I hope you understand.

Don't get me wrong... it doesn't look bad...it's just not ok, as for example in the mechanism

btw... that's a wrong quote there... it's not hachune miku
hacune miku is the sort of chibi version that you see in the hatsune miku levan pola pv.

hacune miku is not the same a hatsune miku Razz
PJ
PJ

http://masterpj.homeip.net/blog

Back to top Go down

Who want to see Sumomo From Chobits made? - Page 3 Empty re

Post  ico Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:26 am

yes, hachune is the evil chibi version of miku (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydecflzDQms)
I hope someone will make a 1:1 hachune, that would be funny as hell - the chucky of vocaloid, imagine this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeIPREBq7Uc just with hachune and a negi Smile
ico
ico

Back to top Go down

Post  PJ Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:30 am

evil version? oh I didn't know she was actually evil.

I just thought she was the chibi.

i thought zatsune miku is the evil one
PJ
PJ

http://masterpj.homeip.net/blog

Back to top Go down

Who want to see Sumomo From Chobits made? - Page 3 Empty re

Post  ico Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:59 am

This is the proof, Hachune is a nazi ... (only joking)

ico
ico

Back to top Go down

Who want to see Sumomo From Chobits made? - Page 3 Empty Sumomo

Post  johnbonn137 Fri May 04, 2012 3:09 pm

Where do you stand on this project or how far have you gone? I have an intrest in this! I'm a current student in AI and robotic at Southern New Hampshire college. And I seek a project AI like this. Any sudjestions? On a starting point. Eric

johnbonn137

Back to top Go down

Post  Artilects rule! Wed May 09, 2012 1:48 pm

johnbonn137 wrote:Where do you stand on this project or how far have you gone? I have an intrest in this! I'm a current student in AI and robotic at Southern New Hampshire college. And I seek a project AI like this. Any sudjestions? On a starting point. Eric
Other than myself and the mods, this site looks pretty dead, so don't expect an answer any time soon.
I would also like to know more on this project, and whatever you do for a new one.

Sumomo's charm was her child-like, energetic performance with her surrounding world.
I've been watching "Rozen Maidens" and think Hina-Ichaco (baby doll) would be perfect for another project like this.

Artilects rule!

Back to top Go down

Who want to see Sumomo From Chobits made? - Page 3 Empty hooah

Post  Harkinian Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:13 pm

i've tought in that too owo, when i've tought in robots, like aiko and chii (elda), i've tought why not whe would start with some robot with the size like sumomo 1st, i've calculated some things for that and i think that's very possible n_n, but i'm not good with paypal, i don't have a credit card, but i'm gladly to wonder how will that real sumomo that you would build n_n, long live to chii and aiko :3

king for hyrule, nintendo and the persocoms king
Harkinian
Harkinian

Back to top Go down

Post  Balmung Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:17 pm

When you think smaller is easier than this is wrong, minimizing technique is difficult, for example look at laptops with heat/cooling problems. Its normal to make first bigger models and when it works perfect than you can miniaturize it step by step.
Balmung
Balmung

http://persocom.baltools.de

Back to top Go down

Who want to see Sumomo From Chobits made? - Page 3 Empty nice idea :D

Post  Harkinian Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:15 pm

hmm,it's been a long time dear fórum, and this post sounds really interesting, i don't have a visa or a MasterCard yet >_<, but i wish to have one .w., anyway, sumomo is still being a great and basic idea to build a nice robot ^^, and great idea PJ san, a hachune miku would be not bad, and if i remember well, somebody tried to build a real hatsune miku and she looked very cute *w*, i don't remember the link, but i'll try to find it later (^ω^),

king LONG LIVE AIKO king

PD: i should watch chobits soon .w.
Harkinian
Harkinian

Back to top Go down

Who want to see Sumomo From Chobits made? - Page 3 Empty Chibits

Post  apru-pai Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:40 am

I think the latest info on this project is probably here https://projectaiko.forumotion.com/t110-sumomo-from-chobits-robot-project-start , correct me if I'm wrong...

On the idea that such a robot were made, given today's economic state (and that the discussion effectively began in 1999), what would anyone be willing to pay for something resembling Sumomo? Disregard how much it would cost to make the thing, on features alone what would be your limit? The interesting distinction would be between those who associate such a small bipedal robot with the anime, and those who have not seen it but perhaps desire it for being 'cute'. Interested to hear the general opinion.

Btw Harkinian you should certainly see Chobits again (if not the individual Chibits episode also), and I also recommend "Hand Maid May" if that's new to you.

Personally I prefer Kotoko ^_-

apru-pai

Back to top Go down

Who want to see Sumomo From Chobits made? - Page 3 Empty tech progress.

Post  minoru Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:30 pm

Hello friends of Sumomo. I have been away from this forum for over a year knowing Le is very busy with med school. The tech to support building a Sumomo type robot is coming along nicely. In October a UK company will be selling a 'talking teddy bear'. Basically a stuffed bear with a cell phone inside which communicates to a external AI server. An idea I described here in this forum over 4 years ago.
If you have been watching the Robo Olimpics, the smaller bots are much better in their motions, more coordinated and faster. Not fluid yet. The autonomous bots are still more hesitant in their actions. The best lab news to date is that artificial muscles have been developed that are up to ten time stronger than human muscles. This is a materials science breakthrough, no such muscles have been engineered into a Robot yet. I had thought this would take years longer to happen, this is just great news. AI software seems to still have a way to go to catch up to better hardware; we have some usable bots now, except for short battery life. But the bots are as dumb as a stone; very little ability to interact with the world in real time. Interest in simulating 'social behaviors', body language and emotions has also increased. New sensors now make measuring, tracking and simulating emotions a very do-able AI programming task, Using published emotion tag data (database) someone should be able to program this in a matter of months.
The MS Kinect coming out in Jan 2014 has all the sensitivity and accuracy needed for a autonomous bot. It is the software work for the AI that is in need of major improvements. Perhaps the autonomous car projects are paving the way for real time situational awareness. (Sorry, could not resist the pun ;-)) The hi power density batteries under development for electric cars will also greatly help robot design. In summary, what I thought would take ten or more years to happen now appears will happen in less than 5 years. Then there is the Microsoft Personal assistant AI project; which they are claiming will be a "revolutionary, not evolutionary jump in capability". They have named it after a Halo AI character 'cordovia' or something like that. How long before we get to see a demo?

minoru

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next