Project Aiko
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» introducing the cyberpunk software design pattern
Opinions about Asimo EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 1:57 am by japlu

» LG book updates
Opinions about Asimo EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 5:54 pm by japlu

» LivinGrimoire swift version added
Opinions about Asimo EmptySat Jul 23, 2022 9:55 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire is now available in python as well
Opinions about Asimo EmptyTue May 03, 2022 9:03 am by japlu

» livingrimoire auxiliary modules
Opinions about Asimo EmptyMon Apr 25, 2022 4:51 pm by japlu

» [Python] Thinkable class
Opinions about Asimo EmptyTue Apr 05, 2022 7:11 pm by japlu

» owly check this out
Opinions about Asimo EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 5:03 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire AGI
Opinions about Asimo EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 4:35 pm by japlu

» Cherry Blossom Technology Launch!!!
Opinions about Asimo EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 10:42 am by BlueSodaX

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Opinions about Asimo

5 posters

Go down

Opinions about Asimo Empty Opinions about Asimo

Post  Kal-el Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:52 pm

This thread is for opinions about Asimo, Honda is working on it since 1985 and spent over 200 million $ to get where they are now..... I think this robot would be useful as a tour guide in museums and showrooms,receptionist, show host, help the elderly, play with children, etc.

Asimo's official page

Asimo_Commercial

New version amazing robot asimo

In this video Asimo falls down the stairs

ASIMO Conducts The Detroit Symphony Orchestra

What are your thoughts about it?

Kal-el

Back to top Go down

Opinions about Asimo Empty robots on youtube

Post  minoru Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:45 pm

some amazing designs comming to light. Use keywords: anthropomorphic, or humaniod, + Robot, + legs, muscles + walk or walking in different combinations. Le you see the "air muscles"? For fun see "real robot transformers" or "giant robot dinosaurs" Made in Japan, free walking, no power cables. Forget Pleo, I want one of those! Avatar antimation for second life see "Muzzeltalk"

minoru

Back to top Go down

Opinions about Asimo Empty Re: Opinions about Asimo

Post  Aiko Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:24 am

The Honda Asimo links were useful, I always meant to post it up, but too lazy to do it.

The dinosaurs in Japan are base on air muscle, I am not a big fan of air muscle, they are expensive, hard to refill and dangerous.
The dinosaurs and actroids are made by Kokoro Ltd... all are base on air muscle.... ... refill is a pain in the butt..... but it has more natural movement. Which is cool.

Right now I am programing the BRAINS software to work with the motors.. quiet... more natural movement with feedback force of 500 lbs.
Another words, Aiko version 2 can carry me.

I have enough for 3 motors right now.... I will start ordering them after the New Year.

Those actroids are very cool, I have seen them.....too bad they have no vision nor software....

Sad

Last edited by Aiko on Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

http://projectaiko.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Discoman Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:52 pm

asimo is impressive in movement and dexterity, but he is controlled by a pupetteer. only one asimo exists that is controlled by a computer and not a person moving joysticks and pressing buttons on a very expensive remote control.
Discoman
Discoman
Admin

http://blogofthehawk.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:44 am

They're two completely different things. Asimo is a testbed for construction robotic applications specializing in how to build a bipedal robot and it's balancing gyro, while Aiko is a testbed for AI.

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiko Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:13 pm

Correct me if I am wrong. As of today, I don't think anybody bought Asimo yet.
Simply it is still too expensive and very complex to program and control it.
Hopefully, another 10 years more, the price will drop a lot more.
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

http://projectaiko.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Discoman Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:44 pm

i believe it is a university that owned the only autonomous one.
Discoman
Discoman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:34 am

Aiko wrote:Correct me if I am wrong. As of today, I don't think anybody bought Asimo yet.
Simply it is still too expensive and very complex to program and control it.
Hopefully, another 10 years more, the price will drop a lot more.

I didn't think Asimo was for sale, and was simply a test type similar to that of PaPeRo.

Back to top Go down

Opinions about Asimo Empty reumatic

Post  Gilda Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:57 pm

I don't like the way Azimo moves. He looks like a reumatic old man. U$200 mi? Wow!

cheers cat
Gilda
Gilda

Back to top Go down

Post  Discoman Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:53 am

Gilda wrote:I don't like the way Azimo moves. He looks like a reumatic old man. U$200 mi? Wow!

cheers cat
Don't worry, you can get an actroid for a little over $100,000. Although I do believe that is the rental rate.

Don't they have electric versions of air muscles? I seem to recall hearing about some somewhere, they are a solid mass of...dunno wrapped in a clear sheath which is filled with a clear liquid. Applying electricity makes the muscle move. Of course, they have as much power as air muscles, so don,t expect the robot using them to do more than move arms or flail on the floor.
Discoman
Discoman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gilda Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:55 am

Discoman wrote:
Gilda wrote:I don't like the way Azimo moves. He looks like a reumatic old man. U$200 mi? Wow!

cheers cat
Don't worry, you can get an actroid for a little over $100,000. Although I do believe that is the rental rate.

Don't they have electric versions of air muscles? I seem to recall hearing about some somewhere, they are a solid mass of...dunno wrapped in a clear sheath which is filled with a clear liquid. Applying electricity makes the muscle move. Of course, they have as much power as air muscles, so don,t expect the robot using them to do more than move arms or flail on the floor.

Only if it were a male actroid... I'd rather Geminoid-DK...
You know, I'm a girl!
Gilda
Gilda

Back to top Go down

Post  Discoman Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:54 am

An understandable point. I hope you mean to work around the house and serve as an assistant or companion, but not to the extent that robots will be used for (and soon, if David levy is correct in his time predictions.)

Eh, it doesn't matter. If you browse around a bit, you should be able to start figuring out how a humanoid robot/android/gynoid/whatever/etc goes together to the extent you could probably begin to build your own.
Discoman
Discoman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gilda Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:54 pm

Discoman wrote:An understandable point. I hope you mean to work around the house and serve as an assistant or companion, but not to the extent that robots will be used for (and soon, if David levy is correct in his time predictions.)

Eh, it doesn't matter. If you browse around a bit, you should be able to start figuring out how a humanoid robot/android/gynoid/whatever/etc goes together to the extent you could probably begin to build your own.

Yep. Some people just think about robots to ... %$%#%@* ( you know what)...
I'll not judge them, but it's no my point.
Well. I see robots in a more respectful way. I mean, they can be excellent companions, they will be able to carry interesting conversations about almost any subject: Music, arts, books. I like the idea of teaching them new things: To teach about plants, animals, history...
I preffer a male robot because it would be a kind of friendly helper and a security for me .
Gilda
Gilda

Back to top Go down

Post  Discoman Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:05 am

Gilda wrote:
Discoman wrote:An understandable point. I hope you mean to work around the house and serve as an assistant or companion, but not to the extent that robots will be used for (and soon, if David levy is correct in his time predictions.)

Yep. Some people just think about robots to ... %$%#%@* ( you know what)...
I'll not judge them, but it's no my point.
Well. I see robots in a more respectful way. I mean, they can be excellent companions, they will be able to carry interesting conversations about almost any subject: Music, arts, books. I like the idea of teaching them new things: To teach about plants, animals, history...
I preffer a male robot because it would be a kind of friendly helper and a security for me .

Agree with the above, I find myself. I also have to say that THAT purpose is where someone could stand to make money. Lots of people can't or don't interact socially, have trouble with the dating game, etc and would prefer or have no alternative to a robot companion.
Interacting with them is interesting we build them and program them, yet they are a totally different life form that thinks with sillicon instead of chemical reactions between cells. Memory is stored on disks or tapes, and can be altered quite easily.
Dunno myself-I would probably build a humanoid robot, try to program it to be able to learn and simulate emotions and affection and all that. Would be a very interesting experiment to really figure out what it means to be human and what our emotions really are.
Can't say I'd ever want to do THAT with a robot. Not my thing.

Although (if we look at fiction such as Chobits) we don't really know what emotion is, if we create a robot that seems to fall in love with a person, could a person fall in love with it, even knowing it is a different life form?
Discoman
Discoman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Discoman Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:24 am

Gilda wrote:
Om the topic of music (and to go slightly off the main topic that had already been digressed) you will probably LOVE yellow drum machine. It's on the lets make robots website, along with building instructions.
Discoman
Discoman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum