Project Aiko
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» introducing the cyberpunk software design pattern
I love My Cyborg Girl EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 1:57 am by japlu

» LG book updates
I love My Cyborg Girl EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 5:54 pm by japlu

» LivinGrimoire swift version added
I love My Cyborg Girl EmptySat Jul 23, 2022 9:55 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire is now available in python as well
I love My Cyborg Girl EmptyTue May 03, 2022 9:03 am by japlu

» livingrimoire auxiliary modules
I love My Cyborg Girl EmptyMon Apr 25, 2022 4:51 pm by japlu

» [Python] Thinkable class
I love My Cyborg Girl EmptyTue Apr 05, 2022 7:11 pm by japlu

» owly check this out
I love My Cyborg Girl EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 5:03 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire AGI
I love My Cyborg Girl EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 4:35 pm by japlu

» Cherry Blossom Technology Launch!!!
I love My Cyborg Girl EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 10:42 am by BlueSodaX

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I love My Cyborg Girl

+2
Aiko
tomato
6 posters

Go down

I love My Cyborg Girl Empty I love My Cyborg Girl

Post  tomato Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:14 pm

Hi, everybody, have you ever seen recently Japanese movie , My Cyborg Girl. if yet, just enjoy it. So great!
Maybe, it will inspirate your dream about a robot human like.
tomato
tomato

Back to top Go down

I love My Cyborg Girl Empty my cyborg girl

Post  minoru Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:43 pm

could you provide a few more details? Is the DVD available outside Japan? What are the search terms? In Japanese if necessary. Any english reviews? Was it a low budget film? How is it rated?

minoru

Back to top Go down

I love My Cyborg Girl Empty Re: I love My Cyborg Girl

Post  Aiko Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:09 am

Is that a TV series or a movie...

Sound interesting.... wouldn't mind watching that over the holiday. Very Happy
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

http://projectaiko.com

Back to top Go down

I love My Cyborg Girl Empty my cyborg girl

Post  minoru Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:10 pm

Answered my own questions, was easy to google. Appears to be TV series. Tomato, that is not your picture, but Cyborg girl right? Most Sci Fi cybogs keep their human brian, aka GITS. This sounds to be the case here too, "boyfriend Problems". They sure got a cute actress!

minoru

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiko Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:30 am

Hi

I just watched Cyborg She (a.k.a. Boku no Kanojo wa Cyborg).
It's was a movie. Funny, the main character in the story had the same birthday as me. I'm surprise the Cyborg wasn't name Aiko too.
That would be really funny.
But I enjoyed watching..... recommend people to watch.

http://asianmediawiki.com/Cyborg_Girl
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

Back to top Go down

I love My Cyborg Girl Empty Really ...Amazing

Post  tomato Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:24 pm

@Aiko: Unbelievable! the main character in the story had the same birthday as you ?
ohh...it's a funny coincidence. I'm a Vietnamese and you're a canadian of vietnamese origin. You know, i rarely watch movie. only if someone introduces to me about a very good film. One online morning, i'm attracted at the beginning from Jiro's birthday. it's also my "in-dream lover" 's birthday. hihi

Embarassed that's why i watch the film 'til the end. It's a wonderful movie.

At the time, newspapers inform you and i'm also attracted with your project. Both of events really insparate me about a robot human like. I used to join a Robocon contest, a robot contest organized in Asia for students. I really love robot. I think i can do it...one day...
You said that "when you want to do sth, don't thinking, just do it". and now, your advices will make my dream come true. i want to start immediately. I'm spending my last year in a faculty of computer science and engineering.The first step is finishing my graduation project: A CHAT VOICE ROBOT, a robot can listen and talk, so enough at this time. I'll work hard to finish it. After that, i'll develop remain components when i get enough knowledge.
And i need your advices, your help. I sent email for you: info@projectaiko.com, but maybe you're busy, so still reply yet. Subject is "Your advices make my dream come true". basically, main idea is a robot can listen and talk. It's only a part of your project aiko. Some question for you:

1. can i use BRAINS software or something like that to control 3 functionality: AI conversion + Voice Recognition + Speech Engine English. ( can talk Vietnamese in the future... )
2. can you describe more detail...how voice input recognition..and process...and voice output. I hope you will share me with your experiences, a sample code for instance, or a flow chart includes data flows and processes.
3. should i do now first? which knowledge i need? support softwares?...

IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING. have no the great success achieved without any lack of spirit . i wish you a merry christmas. and good luck!

cheers
tomato
tomato

Back to top Go down

I love My Cyborg Girl Empty conversational agents.

Post  why-do-I Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:58 pm

Dear Tomato, Is your project undergrad, or post grad? What do you know about chatbots already so we don't waste time telling you what you already know. Studied AIML language for example? visisted ALICE web site?
Do you intend to use open source software, or develop your own from scratch? Have you checked out MIT media lab and their many Utube demos? Minoru posted here about starting with chatbots. Yes there are code samples and various open source software for combining Speech to text ---> AI chat agent ---> Text to speech already intergrated for you.

why-do-I

Back to top Go down

Post  tomato Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:38 pm

@why-do-i
can you let me know a specify open source software integrated functionalities i need that you think it's a best?
i'm starting with Eliza, Visual Friend, Speech Recognition and Speech Engine, also AIML from ALICE bot.
a more detail advice will help me an exactly direction and save time, because next year, i'll continue join robo contest ( ROBOCON - ABU in Asia), so there're many things to do.
Thanks!
tomato
tomato

Back to top Go down

I love My Cyborg Girl Empty Chatbot engines.

Post  minoru Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:52 pm

Dear Tomato, Eliza is very old, about 30 years. Look at the runners-up and winners of the Lobner prize for the past 3 years. Several of them are open source and much better technology than poor old Eliza. Join the Alicebot and Pandora bot chat forums. Many Grad students there with similar projects. One early design decision you need to make is which client side 'player' engine you are going to use. For example Adobe Flash, MS Silverlake, Haptec player, Verbot player, ect Or perhaps even Googles new 'Android' technology. Some are open source, some are private. Who is your audience going to be? Do you want it to run in Second Life, or perhaps 'World of Warcraft' Each environment has software compatibility issues, and a feature set with it's own pros and cons. For example the avatars in second life can not currently have facial expressions.
Create a spread sheet of all the engines and technologies, their features and compatibility requirements. Then you can make an informed decision which combination of software best fits your needs.

minoru

Back to top Go down

Post  BigRob2k8 Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:46 pm

My Sassy Girl director Kwak Jae Yong heads to Japan for his latest romance with a quirky twist Cyborg She (a.k.a. Boku no Kanojo wa Cyborg). A charming fusion of romance, comedy, sci-fi, melodrama, and whatever else the kitchen sink has to offer, Cyborg She follows the burgeoning romance between an ordinary college student and his sassy love interest - who happens to be a time-traveling cyborg with superhuman powers.

Code:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0929860/

and to all y'all its a Movie

I'm dl'ing the full dvd, and I'll try to upload it some where for y'all if you guys can't get into a private torrent site.

BigRob2k8

Back to top Go down

I love My Cyborg Girl Empty chatbot demos

Post  minoru Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:11 pm

Tomato, Turns out there are several "Proof of concept" Chatbot demos on youtube. Keyword "chatbot" For scientists it is "conversational agent" The japanese seem to use the keywork "Anthropomorphic"
"擬人化" Ever used the Google language tools? http://translate.google.com/ For some reason I find that simplified chinese sometimes works better than the Japanese. Back to youtube, there are even a few tutorials about chatbots / AIML. One of the most advanced talking avatar chatbots is:
http://www.icogno.com/joan.html Note the other examples listed to the right. Warning: you may find that a chatbot engine optimized for english may not work so well with a Asian language. Look for independent reviews. ON Second Life there is a Japanese language chatbot avatar under development.
It is being designed to be a language tutor. Never tired / bored / always ready to talk. Do you really just want sound? No Avatar? Do you need it to run on a stand alone PC? Or is internet server OK? Sorry my replies to you are scattered all over the place.

minoru

Back to top Go down

I love My Cyborg Girl Empty Tomato

Post  why-do-I Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:22 pm

Tomato, A couple of questions for U. First, is that picture of you? Having debate with other forum guy if you are a girl. For ur thesis, What is the dean of the dept. expecting? STT --> chatbot --> TTS has already been done; you could go to the Alice web site; buy & down load all the software and have it running on your PC with about 4 hours of work. YOu are going to have to do somthing more origional than just that. Where do you want your studies to go? What kind of graduate degree program? Do you like software design or hardware engineering?

why-do-I

Back to top Go down

Post  tomato Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:23 am

nice day!
what's the matter with my avatar, huh? i think it's not important whether it's me or not, just an image. i raise my topic to introduce everybody about a movie, and my avatar is the main character in this. that's all.
i want to make a robot, a robot like as human as possible,with many functionalities,this is an entire life working, no profit, just my dream. but now, i can only make it listen and reply ( chat ). that's enough for me at this time. They said that " if you want to do something new, first do what they done." Right, first, i must understand and do it by myself a STT--> chatbot--> TTS, although it has already been done. If i don't understand it clearly, i can't develop it. When i've finished understanding, i can buy and integrate it in my robot, no need to write entire program anymore.
i learnt both of software design (CS) and hardware design (CE) at university. i like CE than CS.
tomato
tomato

Back to top Go down

Post  tomato Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:31 am

Aiko use Microsoft Studio SAPI 5.1, and it work well, Aiko can talk 13,000 words/ sentences.
First, i should do things that Mr Trung done.
tomato
tomato

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiko Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:05 am

In order for Microsoft 5.1 to work well, you have to mass modified it to work well. Another words it has to work with most people voice without training.
I could never get aiko software to work with people with strong accents...

It took me almost 3 years to change the code to work without training.
But I also heard good thing about dragon speaking 10, .... never tried it..... you may want to try that....
Not sure if you need training or not..... but you don't know that until you try it yourself.
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

Back to top Go down

I love My Cyborg Girl Empty voice recognition flexibility.

Post  captquazar Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Mr. Trung, I am amazed that you did the STT yourself. That impresses me more than all the hardware work. All the major voice recognition vendors spent years and years trying to minimize the sensitivity to accents and dialects within a language. Also MS SAPI has been generally panned as a not very good engine to begin with. Only recently with increase CPU power has the problem been mostly solved.
Tomato, No one has a problem with your avatar or anything you have said. It is just natural for guys to be curious about a pretty face. We are trying to help you by clarifying what you know vs what you need to know and what direction you want to go. Speaking of avatars, do you what your chatbot to have one? Another favorite subject of AI researchers' is "domain design". That is defining what the 'world' will be for the AI; how inclusive it will be. This is also described as the 'KB', the Knowledge Base. What will be the chatbot's reality? How many facts do you want it to know?
For example; A tightly defined domain, very factual and practical would be called an "expert system".
A chatbot like alice has a large domain, but is unreliable, unpredictable. All the Lobner prize contestants have very large domains. YOur domain design will be one of your first major decisions and affect all else you do.

captquazar

Back to top Go down

Post  tomato Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:02 am

dragon speaking 10's too expensive for a student as me. Very Happy
maybe Mr Trung try it first and get success, and i will try it later.
tomato
tomato

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiko Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:49 am

To Tomato:

Darn.... I was hoping you would buy it, and try it and give me the report...
Maybe we can find some other "guinea pig" to buy the software and test for us. Twisted Evil
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal-el Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:53 am

There are some customer reviews on amazon about dragon naturally speaking 10, Here reviews

From what I read, it seems that the program has some compatibility problems and especially it does not work with vista on 64 bits and with processors that don't have SS2 instruction set(old processors) but if you manage to run it it's a very good speech recognition software.The bad reviews are mostly from those who had compatibility problems.

Also on amazon you can buy it for 60$ new, here, also there's one that it's used which sells for 55$.

Kal-el

Back to top Go down

Post  tomato Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:46 pm

@Aiko: just kidding. i'm only a young student, not enough knowledge, i must learn much more...
Ahh, i see that Cyborg Girl movie inspire your dream strongly, if your dream come true, do not forget me Smile

@ Kal-el: is there a mistake? Dragon Natural Speaking cost only $60 ! Shocked
I saw this cost ~ $1000 on Dragon home page. bounce
so, great.
cheers
tomato
tomato

Back to top Go down

I love My Cyborg Girl Empty Nuance Dragon Naturally speaking.

Post  why-do-I Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:15 pm

I don't know about E-bay prices, but it is important you get the newest version 10. ONly that one has the speed and accuracy needed, and little to no training. The $1000 US price is for the Developer's Kit (programmers version) For building Dragon into other software. Ask about how well it works for Vietnamese and if they have Vietnamese voices for the output. YOu could ask about becoming a voice trainer yourself for Nuance.
(Ah you become imortal computer spirit!) NOte prior warnings about Vista compatibility. Better to use XP Pro on older PCs. Do not upgrade to Vista. Memory helps performance, be very good to have 1gig byte ram for XP Pro. Let's not forget IBM's Via Voice. Any recent reviews? Tomato, Please describe what you'd like your chatbot to be like. What personality. What age? (Mental ability) Who is the audience? What will they want to talk about? Chatbot tech is booming right now; lots of people and products going in different directions with different ideas. Can not recomend somthing until we know what your goals / requirements are.
As was mentioned before, we need to define the 'domain' for the chatbot.

why-do-I

Back to top Go down

Post  tomato Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:47 am

i've just tested AliceTalker on my PC, a Swing-based Java client application which enables the user to interact via spoken words and synthesized speech with an AliceBot or AnnaBot (or any similar bot with a HTTP interface) server running on the same or a remote machine. It uses Cloudgarden's implementation of Sun's Java Speech API.

i realise that speech recognition of AliceTalk doesn't work very well. I found that Microsoft Speech Recognition 8.0 ( on Vista ) or Dragon Natural Speaking v10 work very well.
So, how i can integrate it onto AliceTalker to improve speech recognition ability?
is there someone can help me, please? Idea
tomato
tomato

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiko Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:12 am

Tomato...

This is on top of my head....if I remember correctly,
Get library from Vista.......import the library into C or C# etc...
private SpeechLib.SpSharedRecoContext oRcognize = null;
Then you import your database or alicebot into the memory...
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

Back to top Go down

I love My Cyborg Girl Empty voice interfaces to tomato

Post  minoru Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:54 pm

Tomato, for Alice specific tech info is is better you go to the Alicebot forum or Pandora bots. Vista really, really requires new hardware; it might slow you down or cause driver compatibility problems when you add more software or build a large knowledge base. Minimum RAM for Vista is 4 gigabytes (that is to get good performance out of it) Here are some usefull Google search terms for you to find other products:
"voice command" or "real time" and "STT TTS" "text to speech voices" Also "real time language translation" or "Instant messaging language translation" Some chatbots now allow web searches and links. YOu could possibly set you bot to perform language translation on the fly. There is a english - Japanese avatar/chatbot being tested in SEcond life now. As a favor to you, I have posted your question to the Pandorabots discussion forum.

minoru

Back to top Go down

I love My Cyborg Girl Empty to the moderator.

Post  minoru Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:00 pm

For the benifit of other visitors; all the chatbot / voices / Alice posts need to be moved to the Software section of the forum.

minoru

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down