Project Aiko
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» introducing the cyberpunk software design pattern
How can we help? EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 1:57 am by japlu

» LG book updates
How can we help? EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 5:54 pm by japlu

» LivinGrimoire swift version added
How can we help? EmptySat Jul 23, 2022 9:55 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire is now available in python as well
How can we help? EmptyTue May 03, 2022 9:03 am by japlu

» livingrimoire auxiliary modules
How can we help? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2022 4:51 pm by japlu

» [Python] Thinkable class
How can we help? EmptyTue Apr 05, 2022 7:11 pm by japlu

» owly check this out
How can we help? EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 5:03 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire AGI
How can we help? EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 4:35 pm by japlu

» Cherry Blossom Technology Launch!!!
How can we help? EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 10:42 am by BlueSodaX

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

How can we help?

4 posters

Go down

How can we help? Empty How can we help?

Post  nick11380 Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:01 pm

One of the best ways we can help is to donate as much money as we can, as often as we can because Aiko is in need of funding. In addition to donations, I would like to suggest other ways we can help. Since Aiko needs support and donating is only one way to give support. We can also support Aiko by promoting the website and telling people about her. By doing so we will find more people who want to support Aiko.

Some of the ideas that I have for helping Aiko:

1. Donate
2. If you have a website, add a link to projectaiko.com on your website.
3. If you are a member of other forums put projectaiko.com in the website section of your profile.
4. Put projectaiko.com as a link in your signature.
5. Put a link to projectaiko.com and links to Aiko’s youtube videos on your facebook/myspace page.
6. Tell (and e-mail) your friends about Aiko and show them the website and videos.

Any other ideas?

Let’s do what we can to support Trung and Aiko.

Nick

nick11380

Back to top Go down

How can we help? Empty Re: How can we help?

Post  ico Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:34 pm

Maybe first we could ask Le how much money he got by donations till now ? Or how many companies/universities/etc are interested to support Le ?
Because I do not thing that only make some advertisement for Aiko would bring something Sad Now is Aiko only a puppet, who would pay for her now ? - only if Le would sell her as a sex doll, then the people would be interested Smile
People pay money if they get something for it but Le doesn't offer anything to them. If she would be at least like Kokoro's DER robots, then it would be somehow interesting for people. (and then Le could lend her for exhibitions or something.)
The really best way to support Aiko would be if Le would build something good what can be used now in the real life.
And then he could sell it or find a sponsor (a company, university ...) that would be interested to use it.
Or he could convince some people from a university and then they would finance it and even help Le out with the development.
Maybe when Aiko will walk, use her both hands etc. the people will be more interested in it.

If you want so bandly make promotion for Aiko you would have much more success when Aiko is more developed and the people are then much more interested in her.

I don't really know how intelligent is Aiko's software really so I cannot say how are the chances to i.e. join with a university or get some sponsor. If the software would be really good and intelligent there should not be such problem to get support from a university or company. Question
ico
ico

Back to top Go down

How can we help? Empty an examle

Post  ico Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:10 pm

Here is an example how Aiko could be financed:
http://www.dannychoo.com/post/en/25290/Dancing+Dollfie.html
http://dancingdoll-rz.com

Imagine if such a doll could even talk and react on you, it would be so sold out in an instance Smile

The doll could be operated from a PC with the BRAINS software, so the doll would have "full" intelligence. It could be connected through WiFi or BT.

And if it would not bring much money it could be still used to make people aware of and take interest in project Aiko. There could be for example a Mini Aiko Doll to show the potential of the software and its abilities. It is much simpler to make a robot doll for promotion than to make a full humanoid personal robot.
ico
ico

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiko Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:32 pm

Hi, making that doll is pretty easy. The problem with the doll is that for personal use is OK, but selling you will run into copyright issue.
That is the last thing I want to happen.
If someone want to volunteer a doll, sure why not.

I can easily put Sandai project robot into the doll.
It's about the same height.
The sandai project.... I stop working on it because I burn the micro controller, cost $600.... so I stop working on it.
That Sandai project robot didn't have a name, I guess I should call it Aiko Jr. Very Happy
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

http://projectaiko.com

Back to top Go down

How can we help? Empty Re: Aiko

Post  ico Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:14 am

It was only a small example.
Aiko wrote:Hi, making that doll is pretty easy. The problem with the doll is that for personal use is OK, but selling you will run into copyright issue.
I.e. if you buy a book you can still sell it without copyright issues.
You could sell such doll without problems. For example on ebay you can find custom made dollfie dolls that are sold for 4000 USD - they only buy a dollfie body and make their own clothes - and this is ok.
There are other companies, not only Volks (dollfie), that make ball jointed dolls and the dolls look alike and there is no problem too - because the companies design the dolls by themselves even if it look alike with other companies.
You could without problem build a robot doll and put a dollfie head on it - the only thing would be that you would say that it is a dollfie head and not to claim that you built the head.
The only problem would be if you would take something and then claim that you built it what would not be true.
You could even take a Robonova and place a dollfie head on it and it would be still ok if you would say that it is a rononova and a dollfie head and not to claim that you built it all by yourself.
A problem would be there if you would build i.e. a rozen maiden doll and sell it without permission. But if you would put the doll (even a dollfie) only into some lolita clothes and sell it - no problem.

For example if you would build such robot doll: You would probably have to make the body by yourself because of the motors and electronic and only the head and hands could be dollfie. But you could even make your own cheap head and hands as long as you do not make it as a copy from the original dollfie parts but design your own.
How can we help? Img_diary027(source: http://dancingdoll-rz.com/photo/photo_20090531.htm)
If you buy something it is yours and you can sell it to others, your responsibility is only not to claim that you built it.

I only wanted to explain how it is with the copyright and not to force you to build dolls or something Smile
ico
ico

Back to top Go down

Post  nick11380 Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:09 pm

Hi Trung

One way you could get around the copyright issue with these dolls is if you contacted the company that makes them. Maybe you could form an agreement or a type of partnership with the company. They would make the dolls and put in the BRAINS software and you would get a % of the profits since you have the copyright for BRAINS software. This could work out good because they would have the doll making machines and places to sell them. You could also tell the company what you want to do and ask for permission to install BRAINS software and resell them. They might say it’s ok and sell you the dolls at wholesale. If they do say it’s ok you need it in writing.

Or you could offer to put BRAINS software into dolls upon request. People could send you their dolls (and pay for return shipping) and you could put BRAINS software in their dolls (for a profit).

Another idea is you could make and sell mini Aiko’s.

nick11380

Back to top Go down

How can we help? Empty an other example...

Post  ico Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:46 pm

I thought about an other example how to use a robot to make some money.
For example you could build company/product mascot for advertisement on expositions/exhibitions.
See Anthropomorphization Moe Gallery:
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2008/11/24/anthropomorphization-moe-gallery/
How can we help? 23385_10
If you would look for a sponsor you could offer the company to make an outfit in the company's colors or in the style of their product and lend them such robot for presentations and expositions.
Like Kokoro does, they don't build their robots for fun, they lend them for money.
ico
ico

Back to top Go down

How can we help? Empty Lol ico

Post  WulfCry Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:50 am

Hey ico you always find the funniest and interesting stuff on the net I Love it.

WulfCry

Back to top Go down

How can we help? Empty Can't happen

Post  Guest 1 Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:52 am

1. Donate
3. If you are a member of other forums put projectaiko.com in the website section of your profile.
5. Put a link to projectaiko.com and links to Aiko’s youtube videos on your facebook/myspace page.

6. Tell (and e-mail) your friends about Aiko and show them the website and videos.
1 is a given.
I can see 2 happening with permission from Lee Trung,
6 with donation and Webmaster permission.
Three, four, and 5 will not happen (all links, articles, images, and files may not be copied, altered, or posted).
The name of the Website can be used if not clickable.

Guest 1

Back to top Go down

Post  nick11380 Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:08 pm

1. Donate

I can see 2 happening with permission from Lee Trung,
Three, four, and 5 will not happen (all links, articles, images, and files may not be copied, altered, or posted).
The name of the Website can be used if not clickable.

Where are you getting this stuff. All this can be done and nothing in the rules say it can't. Your post is ridiculous. Espeically:
like anyboby would need permission to tell their friends about Aiko and show them the website and videos.

If Trung has a problem with any of my ideas I would like to hear it from him.

nick11380

Back to top Go down

How can we help? Empty example

Post  ico Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:40 pm

This example would be somehow harder to apply for Aiko but it's only an example.
Some project like Linux have their own merchandise shops. They sell t-shirts, mugs, caps, keychans with their logos, CDs with their software.
see:
http://shop.ubuntu.com/
http://www.debianshop.com/
http://shop.opensuse.org/shop-us.html

It is harder applicable for Aiko but for example: a Aiko figure (like the anime figures) or a talking Aiko figure or a simple mini Aiko robot - to put some mini servos together (like robonova, only smaller) and talking like "Konichiwa, Aiko ~desu". Or something crazy, like Aiko would draw pictures and then to sell them and there could be a livestream how Aiko draws them Smile The items could be a gift for sponsors and donators.
ico
ico

Back to top Go down

Post  nick11380 Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:06 pm

There are all kinds of things that could be imprinted with Aiko on it. Aiko merchandise could bring some funding and awareness. It's a little late for this year but a calander with Aiko's pictures would be cool. Now would be the time to start thinking about a Aiko calander for 2011. Trung could take pre-orders so he would know how many to have made.

Or something crazy, like Aiko would draw pictures and then to sell them and there could be a livestream how Aiko draws them.

That might not be as crazy as you think. Sometimes you hear stories on the news about somebody getting their pet to make paintings, which sell for thousands of US dollars. It's rare so I wouldn't expect Aiko's drawings or paintings to sell for that much but some people might buy her artwork.
Selling her artwork on e-bay could bring the best price. Could also sell CD's of Aiko singing. Her song had a little too much echo but that echo would make her songs an Aiko original.

nick11380

Back to top Go down

How can we help? Empty wanted: donators

Post  ico Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:26 am

I think not much people would want the calendar - maybe a mini calendar that you could give to people like a business card on exhibitions. A calendar is simply too boring and cheap. And as a gift for donators it's not interesting too a gift for donators should be something special, to give them more motivation or a good feeling that you are thankful to them.
For example the Linux t-shirts are not super special but at least a bit - but who would walk around in a t-shirt with a picture of Aiko - like who would want a calendar with the pictures of Aiko ??
...besides of these guys: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/26/magazine/26FOB-2DLove-t.html?_r=2
http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/manga-marriage
http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/otaku-lives-his-life-via-computer-and-anime
How can we help? 26phenom-190How can we help? 31557_9_468
But I know what kind of people could be thankful donators - the silicone sex dolls guys - not the companies (it seems they are not interested because they are stupid) but the guys who buy these dolls. It is very probably that they could and maybe would donate and they have lots of money because they are programmers, engineers etc. And, why does Aiko have sensors in her ****na Shocked ? I bet it is not to measure air pressure and room temperature Rolling Eyes
ico
ico

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiko Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:00 am

I always buy coffee mug, because I keep breaking them.
Aiko coffee mug would be nice just for myself.

A photograph of Aiko.
(the one I usually passed at public appearance)

Have Aiko signed it.
Aiko doesn't really have a unique signing yet.
Don't have writing ability yet.
I have to programing the BRAINS software the ability to write.
Next to do list.
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nick11380 Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:04 pm

If you order some coffee mugs with Aiko on it. You could order a few extra and offer them for sale. If people buy them you'll make a little money. If not, you can use them yourself.

nick11380

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiko Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:04 am

Yeah, probably should do that.
Just need to take a nice picture first for the imprinted.
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

Back to top Go down

How can we help? Empty Why stop at mugs?

Post  Arti Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:24 pm

You could put up an online store.
Anyone who is here already MIGHT register, and you could tell people to invite others to the site to buy something (including in the press and media) even if they don't register, but at least reading the forums without registration is encouraged.

Arti

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiko Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:39 am

The last time I did without registrar .... big headache, people where spamming left and right...
I have to go around and delete all those spams...
so that is why I make people registrar now.
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

Back to top Go down

How can we help? Empty That's not what I meant.

Post  Arti Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:07 pm

What I meant was encourage people to buy things at the online store and to READ the forum, not write in them.
You can also put a block on individual users with a moderating system, but someone would have to be more available to the forums since you don't show up that often.

Arti

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum