Project Aiko
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» introducing the cyberpunk software design pattern
Aiko hardware and software BRAINS - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 1:57 am by japlu

» LG book updates
Aiko hardware and software BRAINS - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 5:54 pm by japlu

» LivinGrimoire swift version added
Aiko hardware and software BRAINS - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 23, 2022 9:55 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire is now available in python as well
Aiko hardware and software BRAINS - Page 3 EmptyTue May 03, 2022 9:03 am by japlu

» livingrimoire auxiliary modules
Aiko hardware and software BRAINS - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2022 4:51 pm by japlu

» [Python] Thinkable class
Aiko hardware and software BRAINS - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2022 7:11 pm by japlu

» owly check this out
Aiko hardware and software BRAINS - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 5:03 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire AGI
Aiko hardware and software BRAINS - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 4:35 pm by japlu

» Cherry Blossom Technology Launch!!!
Aiko hardware and software BRAINS - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 10:42 am by BlueSodaX

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Aiko hardware and software BRAINS

+14
Kthomp06
nick11380
datt37
Discoman
Kal-el
SixStringSamurai
Konrad13
Artilects rule!
asbrandsson
WulfCry
DJStuCrew
mydnight
ShinzuiUindo
Aiko
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Aiko hardware and software BRAINS - Page 3 Empty Re: Aiko hardware and software BRAINS

Post  drgeraldrhawk Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:09 pm

I thank you for this post. I was wondering where to start programming language / software development wise.... it helped cleared some things up for me...

-------- A little about me-------

I am currently undergoing a project myself at the present time. My project is named Project Becca. I am solely in the research phase of my development (at the current age of 23). I happen to also be majoring in Robotics / Mechatronics here at my college. It will be about a year (or two) before I graduate (in my associates) and next go for my Power Controls major. The two majors are almost identical and so i decided why not??? From there I plan on getting my degree (associates) in Electrical Engineering and then Mechanical Engineering.... Finally my college is affiliated with many colleges and you can get your bachelors from the same college.... and lucky enough they happen to be affiliated with a college that will give you your Electro-Mechanical Engineering (bachelors) degree... in the while I never have to leave my current college. After my 6 to 8 years of college I will find a job in Pittsburgh so that I can get a house there and go to the Carnegie Mellon Robotics Institute for my Doctorates in Robotics (another 5 to 6 years).... I am 23 now and my doctorates will take me until I am 35 years old... I am ok with this because the current trend in technology is leading more and more into robotics.... this means not only that I can do what I love but I will be paid very nicely for what I love. A while back I went to college at ITT Technical Institute for Software and Applications Programming (SAP) and so I have in my spare time done alot of programming....

Other than programming... in my spare time I do homework (obviously), work at a subway (20+ hours), go to college, and study advanced topics relating to robotics / mechatronics, and keeping the wifey happy ;P !....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now my dream has been to create androids that function just like us. I have been criticized very heavily and my wife has told me in the past that it wont make me much money at all.... hell i even believed these people and got heavily discouraged and changed my major 50,000 times (literallly...no joke)... Even looking at how much time, money, and resources that are needed to create projects have discouraged me as well... but I cant except the fact that with some of my expertise that a person as gifted in technology as I am might do anything else.... So for better or for worse I am here in Robotics.... I am not allowing anything to get in my way this time.

So I have done alot of research and there have been some things that I was not clear about until I have read some these forums. I have read up on you and your research as well... I have read about how you have taken a room and dedicated it to your work and maxed out many credit cards in the attempts to create a android prototype... with your knowledge, resources, and dedication you have created a working prototype that have set the way for many roboticist that I know. Your prototype (Aiko) is perhaps the most brilliant prototype that I know. The AI in Aiko is the best I have seen yet. Now the design and construction of the body of Aiko could need some lovens...LOL...but I am sure that a person of your talent will have no problem utilizing engineering techniques (maybe derived from some more research) for a more life like feel of Aiko.

So I applaud you and your research and hope to read more about your project... therefore hoping to create myself a working prototype for America. Who knows....maybe one day we will get to collaborate together on a project. Until then keep up the good job!

~Dr. Hawk~
dr_gerald_r_hawk@live.com
drgeraldrhawk
drgeraldrhawk

http://www.myspace.com/projectbeccaxss

Back to top Go down

Aiko hardware and software BRAINS - Page 3 Empty artilects

Post  Arti Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:20 am

Now my dream has been to create androids that function just like us. I have been criticized very heavily and my wife has told me in the past that it wont make me much money at all.... hell i even believed these people and got heavily discouraged and changed my major 50,000 times (literallly...no joke)... Even looking at how much time, money, and resources that are needed to create projects have discouraged me as well... but I cant except the fact that with some of my expertise that a person as gifted in technology as I am might do anything else.... So for better or for worse I am here in Robotics.... I am not allowing anything to get in my way this time.
You sound kinda like this guy:
iss.whu.edu.cn/degaris

Arti

Back to top Go down

Aiko hardware and software BRAINS - Page 3 Empty :P

Post  drgeraldrhawk Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:49 pm

well i sorta sound like that guy... however his specialty is in neural networks and AI. I am kinda doing it all as far as robotics is concerned so not really the same in the aspect. He is very motivated and driven that is for sure ! I will take your comment as a compliment considering he is an PhD and has done alot of research and is very well respected... thank you ! Smile
drgeraldrhawk
drgeraldrhawk

http://www.myspace.com/projectbeccaxss

Back to top Go down

Aiko hardware and software BRAINS - Page 3 Empty Re: Aiko hardware and software BRAINS

Post  Artilects rule! Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:02 pm

drgeraldrhawk wrote:well i sorta sound like that guy... however his specialty is in neural networks and AI. I am kinda doing it all as far as robotics is concerned so not really the same in the aspect. He is very motivated and driven that is for sure ! I will take your comment as a compliment considering he is an PhD and has done alot of research and is very well respected... thank you ! Smile
You're welcome. Very Happy

Artilects rule!

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiko Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:51 pm

quote from Dr. Hawk
"Now my dream has been to create androids that function just like us. I have been criticized very heavily and my wife has told me in the past that it wont make me much money at all"

You should listen to your wife, don't waste your life building something that society will NOT accept until at least another 30 years. You will waste your fun life, and all your money will be wasted without return. No one is going to help you will the credit card company start calling you.
I have wasted my entire life dedicated to building human like robot... I forgot the meaning of having fun...
All I have to show for my life work are...

1) tired, very tired... stress out. Making my health worse by the day.
2) flat broke,
3) small room (14x14), where you eat, sleep, robot, and your equipment...all in one place.
I sleep on the floor, because I can't even afford to buy a bed.
4) Get rock throwing at you, saying you are playing god.

It's too late for me to stop, and I encourage people not to throw their life away, like I did.
I should start looking for a real job too, and spent less time building robot, and programming.

Aiko
Aiko
Admin

http://projectaiko.com

Back to top Go down

Aiko hardware and software BRAINS - Page 3 Empty ...........................

Post  Gilda Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:01 am

Oh Le!
The only thing I can say is : Don't give up!
Please!
It is not only your dream!
I think it is a dream that can realy come true.
Gilda
Gilda

Back to top Go down

Aiko hardware and software BRAINS - Page 3 Empty re: Aiko

Post  ico Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:06 pm

I can't help you with this. Depends on you.
If you have no money than you should look for a good job - you can use Aiko to show them what you can do.
Then if you want you can continue working on Aiko as a hobby. Then you could maybe release the software as open source and maybe you could find people who would develop it further.
It's a very tough project to try to make a humanoid robot and an A.I. by yourself.
When I start making my projects I will definitely search for help and other people, it's the only way to make it - I want to make a humanoid robot too, but it would be too difficult and expensive to make it by myself. So I'll start with simpler projects/robots to find interested people and then will make more and more difficult projects.
If you know something better to do with your life then do it.
Life is a worthless piece of shit, there aren't many things someone can do and life normally consist just from work and sleep. I.e. if I wouldn't have anime, vocaloid and robotics my life would be just worthless junk.
So just do what you think it would be the best for you.
ico
ico

Back to top Go down

Post  Discoman Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:46 pm

Kthomp06 wrote:This looks promising having boards made like this you could curve them around things.

Flexible and stretchable electronics

Aiko hardware and software BRAINS - Page 3 Sr143f10
wouldn't it be simpler to have the board built to the curve required?
I would imagine that having a bendable circuit constantly bent would have it always stressed resulting in eventual structural failure.
but, having curved circuits would make it much easier to place control electronics-just put them ANYWHERE!
Discoman
Discoman
Admin

http://blogofthehawk.com

Back to top Go down

Aiko hardware and software BRAINS - Page 3 Empty Aiko's future

Post  Lunovox Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:35 am

You should listen to your wife, don't waste your life building something that society will NOT accept until at least another 30 years. You will waste your fun life, and all your money will be wasted without return. No one is going to help you will the credit card company start calling you.
I have wasted my entire life dedicated to building human like robot... I forgot the meaning of having fun...
All I have to show for my life work are...
Friend, that's sad. You are our hope of seeing a low-cost domestic android. I understand that this problem is enormous for one person to solve.

You need to choose between:
* See Aiko completely unattended when openly share their research without receiving return on investment.
* Do not share their research openly. And still waiting for a miraculous return on investment.

There is a project to build a robot opened by calling "TORP - OPEN THE ROBOT PROJECT. " If you bundle your search with the TORP, I believe you will revolutionize robotics in the same way that Linus Torvalds has revolutionized the computer to create the Linux operating system. I would like to study ways to build an android smart, open, low-cost hardware that evolves as people are finding alternative solutions to each problem.

For many people the option is not "choose between losing your life by developing an android, or have a life of pleasure." For many the option is "choose between getting the glory developing an android, or lose his life without doing something important before his own death."

I am Brazilian, sorry for the bad English of the "google translate". =)

Original Text wrote:O futuro da Aiko

Amigo, isso é triste. Você é a nossa esperança de ver um androide doméstico de baixo custo. Compreendo que este problema é enorme para uma única pessoa solucionar.

Você precisa escolher entre:
* Ver a Aiko completamente autônoma quando compartilhar sua pesquisa abertamente sem receber retorno de investimento.
* Não compartilhar sua pesquisa abertamente. E continuar esperando um milagroso retorno de investimento.

Existe um projeto de construção de um robô aberto chamando "TORP - THE OPEN ROBOT PROJECT". Se você unir sua pesquisa com o TORP, acredito que você revolucionará a robótica da mesma forma que Linus Torvald revolucionou a informática ao criar o sistema operacional Linux. Eu gostaria de estudar formas de construir um androide inteligente, aberto, de baixo custo, que evolui o hardware conforme as pessoas vão encontrando soluções alternativas para cada um dos problemas.

Para muitas pessoas a opção não é "escolher entre perder a vida desenvolvendo um androide, ou ter um vida de prazeres." Para muitos a opção é "escolher entre conseguir a glória desenvolvendo um androide, ou perder a vida sem fazer algo importante antes da própria morte."

Sou brasileiro, desculpe o inglês ruim do "translate google". =)

Lunovox

Back to top Go down

Aiko hardware and software BRAINS - Page 3 Empty To Lunovox

Post  Gilda Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:49 am

Oi, também sou do Brasil.
Dei uma olhada no site do TORP. Mas, vou ser sincera contigo. Não levo fé neste projeto.
Isso no final das contas vai ficar preso em algum instituto de pesquisa. Em relação ao linux foi relativamente fácil pois, é um software e como o nome já diz ( é soft) ou seja, é virtual, não palpável não é hard, não é físico.
Já uma máquina, montada a várias mãos, precisa de locais próprios ( ou uma parte de sua própria casa como no caso do Le). Eles falam de que até pessoas com o hobby da robótica podem ajudar, mas onde vão montar, juntar as peças e as dezenas de alternativas possíveis ? Um software é barato de fazer isso, mas hardware requer dinheiro para peças, pesquisa etc.
Linux parte de uma base pré-concebida por uma pessoa e recebe colaborações virtuais. Um humanoide é bem mais complexo, tem hardware envolvido. Isso vai acabar ficando restrito aos centros de pesquisa e tudo o que nasce num centro de pesquisa morre nele . Em um ponto isso tem que ser retirado da pesquisa e colocado para fabricar e testar no mundo real
Se queremos transpor a barreira da pesquisa simples, tem que ser levando para um lugar, fabricando e comercializando mesmo, pois sonhos são lindos, mas as pessoas precisam se alimentar para viver.
Pessoalmente não acredito em um projeto colaborativo em hardware que não seja restrito ( no final das contas) à pesquisa.

Se queremos Aiko "viva" em pouco tempo, o caminho é mesmo conseguir alguém que financie, fabricá-la e vendê-la.

Hi, I'm also from Brazil.
I took a look at TORP's site. But I'll be honest with you. I do not take faith in this project.
This will get stuck in some research institute. With Linux it was relatively easy because it is a software and as the name implies (it's soft) ie is virtual, not tangible is not hard, not physical.
A machine, mounted by several hands, you need proper places (or a part of your own home just like Le). They say that even hobbyst in robotics can help, but where they will assemble, put the pieces together and the dozens of possible alternatives? A software is cheaper to do this but a robot requires money for hardware parts, research.etc.
Linux came from a software base-set by a single person ( or original programmers) and received - and receives - virtual collaborations. A humanoid is much more complex, has hardware involved. That will end up being restricted to research centers and all that is born into a research center dies on it. You must pick up the research data and put it in pratice in some point, or it is useless.
If we really want to overcome the barrier of the simple research about robotics, we must manufacture and commercialize it, because dreams are beautiful, but people need food to live.
I personally do not believe in a collaborative project on hardware that is not restricted (ultimately) to researchers.

If we want Aiko "live" soon, the path is investing in making it and selling it to the public.

Gilda
Gilda

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunovox Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:29 pm

I would like to win the lottery. So I would use 100% of the money they won to build factories around the world Yumecoms. XD (Dreaming does not cost anything, does it?)

But seriously: I'm studying for public procurement, when I get one that pays well, begin to invest in research of Yumecom. But I did not want to invest in the distance. I prefer to invest time and money only if it is something open to the world.

My only goal in life is to evolve humanity! (It may be only a little in this century)

Aiko hardware and software BRAINS - Page 3 Hrp-4c

Testo original translated by Google wrote:Eu gostaria de ganhar na loteria. Então, eu usaria 100% do dinheiro que ganhei para construir fabricas espalhadas pelo mundo de Yumecoms. XD (Sonhar não custa nada, não é?)

Mas, falando sério: Estou estudando para concursos público, quando eu conseguir um que pague bem, começarei a investir em pesquisas da Yumecom. Mas confesso que não quero investir a distancia. Prefiro investir tempo e dinheiro somente se for algo aberto para o mundo.

Meu único objetivo na vida é evoluir a humanidade! (Pode ser somente um pouquinho neste século)
Lunovox
Lunovox

Back to top Go down

Post  Gilda Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:43 pm

Le,

Aiko's configuration is 2 motherboards...Isn't it?
well I am studying a little about parallel computing. Nice work.

here are some links:
https://computing.llnl.gov/tutorials/parallel_comp/

This one about cheap supercomputings made with parallel coputing . It is named FASTRA I and FASTRA II:
Fastra I - http://gizmodo.com/394128/fastra-desktop-supercomputer-built-with-4-nvidia-9800-gx2-graphics-cards
FASTRA II - http://fastra2.ua.ac.be/ - There is also a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOpBlYx2H1o&feature=related

Would it be possible something like this kind of architecture to a humanoid robot?
Gilda
Gilda

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiko Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:12 am

The original Aiko my very first prototype was running two motherboards, now I am using just one motherboard, but faster.
Which save more energy. and Lighter, and less wiring.
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

http://projectaiko.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3