Project Aiko
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» introducing the cyberpunk software design pattern
Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 1:57 am by japlu

» LG book updates
Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 5:54 pm by japlu

» LivinGrimoire swift version added
Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 23, 2022 9:55 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire is now available in python as well
Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 EmptyTue May 03, 2022 9:03 am by japlu

» livingrimoire auxiliary modules
Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2022 4:51 pm by japlu

» [Python] Thinkable class
Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2022 7:11 pm by japlu

» owly check this out
Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 5:03 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire AGI
Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 4:35 pm by japlu

» Cherry Blossom Technology Launch!!!
Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 10:42 am by BlueSodaX

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Aiko V2 new mainboard and face.

+9
nick11380
ico
Kthomp06
kaitosyn
Discoman
nalan
Artilects rule!
Kal-el
Aiko
13 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 Empty RE: Use of face

Post  Kthomp06 Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:53 pm

I had a feeling that I was going to off on the age. I did my google image search to find the max amount of photo's and some times the pages are miss leading.

I don't think you have to pay royalties fees if you display Aiko, but if Le started to mass produce her then I could see him get sent letters about them.

Any way now that Le has told every body who his favorit j-idle is and said that he would like to see the portrait of her, I started on it yesterday.

Just to let you know this is my first clay portrait, the last time I worked with clay was in the second grade. I don't have any schooling for it I just wanted to do it. Plus I ran out of clay so it not finished yet. I'm using a couple of photo's.

Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 0597a11Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 Kyoko_11

And here's how far I got with 20lbs of clay.

Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 2010_010
Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 2010_011

And yes I know it looks some way like a guy right now I'll fix it when I get more clay.
Kthomp06
Kthomp06

http://www.kennsplace.com/re.html

Back to top Go down

Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 Empty Re: Aiko V2 new mainboard and face.

Post  ico Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:32 pm

tilatequila is uggly...
ico
ico

Back to top Go down

Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 Empty Re: Aiko V2 new mainboard and face.

Post  Artilects rule! Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:48 pm

Kthomp06 wrote:I had a feeling that I was going to off on the age. I did my google image search to find the max amount of photo's and some times the pages are miss leading.

I don't think you have to pay royalties fees if you display Aiko, but if Le started to mass produce her then I could see him get sent letters about them.

Any way now that Le has told every body who his favorit j-idle is and said that he would like to see the portrait of her, I started on it yesterday.

Just to let you know this is my first clay portrait, the last time I worked with clay was in the second grade. I don't have any schooling for it I just wanted to do it. Plus I ran out of clay so it not finished yet. I'm using a couple of photo's.

Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 0597a11Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 Kyoko_11

And here's how far I got with 20lbs of clay.

Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 2010_010
Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 2010_011

And yes I know it looks some way like a guy right now I'll fix it when I get more clay.
Don't sell yourself short, these are great, well from an amateur point of view.

Artilects rule!

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiko Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:59 pm

"Le, I was wondering if she gets any credit for using her face on Aiko.
Did her agency give you permission to use her face in the press and eventually mass produce it?"

>>>
It will never be exactly the same.
We just use it as a reference when making the face.

I hope that make sense.
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

http://projectaiko.com

Back to top Go down

Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 Empty So the final look will be fictional?

Post  Arti Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:09 pm

It will never be exactly the same.
We just use it as a reference when making the face.

I hope that make sense.
I see, just a temporary model.

Arti

Back to top Go down

Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 Empty RE: So the final look will be fictional?

Post  Kthomp06 Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:02 pm

It's like copy right laws, if you change the format you can use it because it's not the same page any more. Look at it this way, how many times have you seen on tv actores that look exactly like the president (example Saterday Night Live) I don't believe they're paying fee's to the president because they have a similar faces. So if you change the face slightly it is no longer the same face and you wouldn't have to pay any fee's. We have billions of people on this plante and there's probably some one out there with a face just like yours.
Kthomp06
Kthomp06

Back to top Go down

Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 Empty Publisizing without credit is not the same as impersonation.

Post  Arti Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:10 pm

It's like copy right laws, if you change the format you can use it because it's not the same page any more. Look at it this way, how many times have you seen on tv actores that look exactly like the president (example Saterday Night Live) I don't believe they're paying fee's to the president because they have a similar faces. So if you change the face slightly it is no longer the same face and you wouldn't have to pay any fee's. We have billions of people on this plante and there's probably some one out there with a face just like yours.
Good point, I didn't think of that.
However I'm sure in some places fair use doesn't apply.

I go to a gaming site which creates Super Mario games using Nintendo themes.
In Nintendo TOS they say how it is not legal to do this in all communities, but in some it is, and Nintendo can't (or won't) take responsibility for the repercussions of the user's actions (fair use only goes so far).

The suggestion of how it might not be illegal and that Nintendo hasn't sued is reason to believe that the site (using exact copies of characters, themes, sounds, etc.) can go on, but legal precautions really should be taken (eg: Youtube takedowns and user reports).

As for copyright laws, a slight change in the product does not make it legal (see Vanilla Ice music theft case).

Arti

Back to top Go down

Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 Empty Re:

Post  ico Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:58 pm

Nothing will happen to Le. The only thing he has to do is not to say in the public/web site/etc. that his robot was modeled after K*** (whoever).
His robot can be inspired by some woman, the robot only should not look as a copy of her - the woman should not be recognizable at the first sight when someone looks at the robot.
Simply let Le make what he wants and not hinder him.
Aiko still has a long way to go so to think about some stupid copyright issues have no sense yet.
ico
ico

Back to top Go down

Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 Empty RE: Publisizing without credit is not the same as impersonation.

Post  Kthomp06 Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:40 pm

I don’t know about all the different countries and there laws only what I see and read. I did my own web pages for my bosses vac an sew store and read through the copyright law. I found out that if you take a copyright page and change the format plus put a different angel of the same picture and you can’t be suited for copyright infringement.

Here’s some thing I changed my mined about and that is patents. After talking to my neighbor how worked for the patent office. She told me some interesting stuff, it will cost $10,000 to $20,000 for a 10 to 20 year patent and you have to write up about 300 pages or so on how it made, what materials you used, what it does, and so on. She also told me stories about people how did this only to have a company come in and change the materials and the way they made it and sell the same thing with out infringing on the patent which you just paid $20,000 for.

Here’s an example a vacuum cleaner company came down from Canada called Fantom, with in a year or so Hoover and Eureka put out the Windtunnel and Worldwind. Needless to say it put the original Fantom Company out of business. All they did was change the dirt tank shape, how it was put into the machine, and the filtering system and they beat Fantom’s patent. Plus it's all legal to do.

Plus I think Le would have to take a copy of her face and use her name to get into trouble.

I think all he would have to do is take a clay portrait of her and name it Aiko version KF1 and he should have no problem that is if he wanted to do it.
Kthomp06
Kthomp06

Back to top Go down

Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 Empty Re:

Post  ico Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:10 pm

Yeah, that's how it works.
(I do not even understand why Le threw his money out the window to register yumecom...the money could be used for much useful things.)
Or for example Big China, they make the same product with the same design but they only change the name and logo a bit and no one cares - like Polystation, Popstation, Chintendo Vii, etc.
..they used a Chintendo Vii-tan in Japan wow, the people at least know what ronery otakus want Smile
http://www.mywiinews.com/chintendo-vii-spreading-throughout-asia/
Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 2377185154_95919228ab
she looks pretty fetish like, neko ears, fox tail, maid outfit, that's the stuff Smile they know their otakus
ico
ico

Back to top Go down

Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 Empty RE:

Post  Kthomp06 Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:05 pm

ico wrote:Nothing will happen to Le. The only thing he has to do is not to say in the public/web site/etc. that his robot was modeled after K*** (whoever).
His robot can be inspired by some woman, the robot only should not look as a copy of her - the woman should not be recognizable at the first sight when someone looks at the robot.
Aiko still has a long way to go so to think about some stupid copyright issues have no sense yet.

Ico please don’t miss-understand me with this stuff. I don’t want Le to go running down to a patent office and I don’t think others would want him to do that ether. I view this forum as a way to give Le ideas and resources and I do want Le to make Aiko the way he wants to. You know I could get all upset at all the people how want Le to make living fictional caricatures, but I'm not.

Here’s a quote from Aiko’s front web page.
The original goal of Aiko was to help our aging population to do simple tasks like make tea and coffee, tell them the weather, read a magazine or remind them to take their medication at the correct time. There are many applications for Aiko in the home, office or public places.

This is what I thought Aiko was going to be, but some one mention that it would be cool to make her into a living caricature and it seem to be taking off. So I’m not going to get mad at people asking him to that. To me I can see Le doing both ideas if he wonted to.

But it does make sense to me to check out the patent office and here why. What would happen if Le builds Aiko and then goes down to the patent office only to find out that some one else built one? This already happen to me once and it was a good thing I found out before I spent the money for the patent.
Kthomp06
Kthomp06

Back to top Go down

Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 Empty Money problems

Post  Arti Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:48 am

Here’s some thing I changed my mined about and that is patents. After talking to my neighbor how worked for the patent office. She told me some interesting stuff, it will cost $10,000 to $20,000 for a 10 to 20 year patent and you have to write up about 300 pages or so on how it made, what materials you used, what it does, and so on. She also told me stories about people how did this only to have a company come in and change the materials and the way they made it and sell the same thing with out infringing on the patent which you just paid $20,000 for.
I'm sure Le doesn't have enough for that kind of thing.
Putting pen to paper then publishing it through unofficial channels sounds like it should be enough.

The thing about the slight change being legal is when it says patten pending, not just patten, and even then at least two changes would have to be made, not just one.

Arti

Back to top Go down

Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 Empty RE: Use of face

Post  Kthomp06 Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:58 pm

Well I got 20 lbs. more of the clay and worked on the portrait some more. I like working with the clay more then drawing a portrait, because I can change things easyer just by adding or remove the clay. I'm still trying to get the proportions to look right I'm using a mannequin torso that I purchase on ebay for $20. I think the proportions are close to Aiko's from what Le wrote on his web page. I still have to work on the nose, mouth, chin, eyes and size of the head.

Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 2010_014

Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 2010_012

Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 2010_013
Kthomp06
Kthomp06

Back to top Go down

Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 Empty Great bust!

Post  Arti Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:38 am

So to speak.
Did the eBay ad say dress dummy or store manniqun?
A dress dummy is much more life-like (exact measurements).

Arti

Back to top Go down

Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 Empty Manniquin

Post  Kthomp06 Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:16 am

It said manniquin torso. Sorry I disagree the sewing store I worked at had a dress dummy and it didn't have as near the detale this mannaquin torso has. The manniquins are getting more life like to help sell the cloths, but you don't need the much detale to make dresses.
Kthomp06
Kthomp06

Back to top Go down

Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 Empty Portrait changes

Post  Kthomp06 Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:04 am

I found a new picture of Kyoko Fukada so I had to make some changes. I moved the collarbone up, angled the shoulders and reduced the breasts, sorry Arti. I also added to the sides of the head and started to work on the eyes. Looking at the collarbone I will probably need to move it up again. Any way I think it's starting to look a little more like her. It's hard to find good portrait photos because photographers like to take cutesy photos and not front, side and back portrait type photos.

Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 3rpynr10

Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 2010_016

Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 2010_017
Kthomp06
Kthomp06

Back to top Go down

Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 Empty Nice work!

Post  Arti Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:12 pm

Hey, it is looking better!
As for the collar bone, there's a slight difference in male and female throats to accommodate the larynx and Adam's apple.
This shape would affect how the collar bone looks.

Arti

Back to top Go down

Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 Empty Collar bone

Post  Arti Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:30 pm

I just noticed aside from pushed up a little, on a woman it's slightly curved.

Arti

Back to top Go down

Post  nick11380 Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:31 pm

I don't think that Trung needs to worry about any legal issues for using Fukada Kyoko likeness to make aiko.

Even if it was an exact copy of her face he is not selling, mass producing or making any profit from it. Since no money is being made I don't see where it would be an issue.

If Trung wanted to mass produce Aiko in Fukada Kyokos likeness he might need to get it licensed.

nick11380

Back to top Go down

Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 Empty I know that.

Post  Arti Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:47 am

I don't think that Trung needs to worry about any legal issues for using Fukada Kyoko likeness to make aiko.

Even if it was an exact copy of her face he is not selling, mass producing or making any profit from it. Since no money is being made I don't see where it would be an issue.

If Trung wanted to mass produce Aiko in Fukada Kyokos likeness he might need to get it licensed.
ico already mentioned that.
Nothing will happen to Le. The only thing he has to do is not to say in the public/web site/etc. that his robot was modeled after K*** (whoever).
We are just speculating in a hypothetical situation.
This is what as known as fair use, bit fair use does have restrictions.
Look at all the MUGEN games around.
There was a suit on the MUGEN software itself, but being open source it can be called fair use.
If Le wanted to create an exact copy, Aiko DIY kits would have to be sold as well.

Arti

Back to top Go down

Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 Empty Post clarification

Post  Arti Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:54 am

There's a slight difference in male and female throats to accommodate the larynx and Adam's apple.
I meant a difference in male and female throats (pertaining to an Adam's apple), not female and male throats.

Arti

Back to top Go down

Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 Empty Real Vs. Photoshop

Post  ico Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:18 am

The joke is that if Le would even make a copy of Kyoko's face after a picture it would be only the photoshop version. The real Kyoko doesn't look like it.
See an example of the painful reality and photoshop: http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/08/10/aya-hirano-ideal-vs-actuality/
If he wouldn't use her name but the face would be after her photoshop version, so what could they say - thay couldn't manage to prove that it is her face, because the real and the picture versions are from two different worlds Smile
ico
ico

Back to top Go down

Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 Empty Photoshop

Post  Arti Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:58 am

Although photoshop (dubbed The pervert's best friend) is not new in America either, altering real looks to appear prettier can be done in real life as well.

Arti

Back to top Go down

Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 Empty How's it going?

Post  Arti Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:50 pm

Kthomp, given up yet?

Arti

Back to top Go down

Aiko V2 new mainboard and face. - Page 3 Empty RE: How's it going?

Post  Kthomp06 Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:07 am

Arti wrote:Kthomp, given up yet?

Not yet, just have a lot on the plate right now.
Kthomp06
Kthomp06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next