Project Aiko
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» introducing the cyberpunk software design pattern
Why isn't this making money/being produced? EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 1:57 am by japlu

» LG book updates
Why isn't this making money/being produced? EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 5:54 pm by japlu

» LivinGrimoire swift version added
Why isn't this making money/being produced? EmptySat Jul 23, 2022 9:55 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire is now available in python as well
Why isn't this making money/being produced? EmptyTue May 03, 2022 9:03 am by japlu

» livingrimoire auxiliary modules
Why isn't this making money/being produced? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2022 4:51 pm by japlu

» [Python] Thinkable class
Why isn't this making money/being produced? EmptyTue Apr 05, 2022 7:11 pm by japlu

» owly check this out
Why isn't this making money/being produced? EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 5:03 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire AGI
Why isn't this making money/being produced? EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 4:35 pm by japlu

» Cherry Blossom Technology Launch!!!
Why isn't this making money/being produced? EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 10:42 am by BlueSodaX

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Why isn't this making money/being produced?

+5
Suze
Aiko
Artilects rule!
WulfCry
Kal-el
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why isn't this making money/being produced? Empty Why isn't this making money/being produced?

Post  MikeeUSA Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:29 pm

Why isn't this making money/being produced?

I'm guessing it's the lack of the ability to walk plus work needed on the voice.
Please keep working on this, and contact the japanese companies you got the skin from to see if they're willing to go into partnership with you (or create an LLC). Another thing that is a must, ofcoruse, is to have the robot in working order Smile.

Infact, maybe you should create a Limited Liabilty Company for yourself. That might allow you to be taken more seriously. Also you need to try to contact the japanese companies.

MikeeUSA

Back to top Go down

Why isn't this making money/being produced? Empty Re: Why isn't this making money/being produced?

Post  Kal-el Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:29 am

He needs to make it walk first, after that everything is possible.

A partnership can be made after his prototype is complete and tested for reliability,efficiency and endurance, at this stage no company will make a partnership with him because they don't have the reassurance that these robots will go in mass production.

Kal-el

Back to top Go down

Why isn't this making money/being produced? Empty A small fish in a big pond

Post  Guest Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:06 pm

I didn't want to say anything, and no offense to Le Trung and his dream, but to be blunt, there really is no practical use for her in a commercial sense, because others had the same idea first, like the man who fell in love with a robot (2004) and his improved model a year later.

His robot wasn't much good to the consumer either but one thing it did contribute was touch and light sensitive "robot skin" (can get eventual tan or sun burn), which was improved over the years.

Back to top Go down

Why isn't this making money/being produced? Empty Thanks Guest

Post  WulfCry Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:11 pm

We should thank you for this info I've forgot about robot skin, Stuff like that ad more dimension into the functionality of an android
Especially one like aiko, Keep the good idea's come in guy's even I need inspiration from time to time LOL.

Guess what I found a site to manufacture of mini actuators stuff that can be found in almost any mobile phone.
You'll never know a sumomo look-a-like could be build with this stuff.
http://www.cedrat.com/en/technologies/actuators.html?gclid=COq-zeLTm5kCFQ5uQgodPRKkDg

Uhm Guest do you have a link about that robot skin I'm curious about that need more input.

WulfCry

Back to top Go down

Why isn't this making money/being produced? Empty Re: Why isn't this making money/being produced?

Post  Kal-el Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:59 am

Guest wrote:I didn't want to say anything, and no offense to Le Trung and his dream, but to be blunt, there really is no practical use for her in a commercial sense, because others had the same idea first, like the man who fell in love with a robot (2004) and his improved model a year later.

His robot wasn't much good to the consumer either but one thing it did contribute was touch and light sensitive "robot skin" (can get eventual tan or sun burn), which was improved over the years.

At this moment no, but when it will be able to walk, cook,clean the house, then it's useful.

Kal-el

Back to top Go down

Post  Artilects rule! Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:47 pm

WulfCry wrote:We should thank you for this info I've forgot about robot skin, Stuff like that ad more dimension into the functionality of an android
Especially one like aiko, Keep the good idea's come in guy's even I need inspiration from time to time LOL.

Guess what I found a site to manufacture of mini actuators stuff that can be found in almost any mobile phone.
You'll never know a sumomo look-a-like could be build with this stuff.
http://www.cedrat.com/en/technologies/actuators.html?gclid=COq-zeLTm5kCFQ5uQgodPRKkDg

Uhm Guest do you have a link about that robot skin I'm curious about that need more input.
Flexible sensors make robot skin (2004)
Robots Get Soft, Human-Like Skin (2006)
Robot Skin Gets Sensitive (2008)

The soft human-like skin would be the best for Aiko.
By the way, there's another guest here who usually uses a small "g".
I will always use a capital G.

Artilects rule!

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiko Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:04 am

project aiko is incorporated under Aiko Innovation Inc..... I never mention it before, because I don't sell anything.
Maybe I should make it public announcement one day....
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

http://projectaiko.com

Back to top Go down

Why isn't this making money/being produced? Empty Making money yet

Post  ross Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:28 am

Making money will happen. But the first stage is getting the product marketable, and I think that it has a way to do.

I'm not sure what the project management line would look like, but it needs to be developed. It should be a wiki because Le Trung will need lots of help.

Walking is an obvious one and there is now a choice of algorithms. (Ten years ago it was still pretty new.) Even so, I don't think enough effort has gone into balance. I didn't see details of DOFs, just an overview, but I think it is still way short of what Le Trung is eventually aiming for.

As I see it, one of the the big challenges is a suitable energy source. I haven't found one yet.

I'm already fairly sure that actuators aren't the final solution for movement. I would like to see something like a Shadow air muscle, but it would need a lot of changing to do what I'd want. It'd have to avoid any patents.

The big trick, of course, is BRAINS. Get this right and you can print money. I don't see anyone seriously trying to do this like Le Trung, that is, an integrated system. He seems to have the hardware right but I'd prefer the entire software be written in a low level language like C++ or assembly language.

The way the software is integrated is a big one. Aiko seems pretty good but the goal is that if something crashed, you'd have a little failsafe and (ideally) nobody would even notice. Just like when I have a seniors moment.

Having some of it written in BASIC would take a chunk of extra computing power. I also suspect that a new version of UNIX would eventually need to be written to get optimum results. (I don't like technobabble so you can imagine i just wrote lots of it here ... because UNIXheads usually do) The idea of using commercially available software is not so convincing to me as a long term option. It might have already solved some kinds of problems, but I strongly suspect it ties the user into some fairly inefficient subroutines, so takes up extra computing power.

It would take a pretty big, collaborative effort to get all this right.

ross

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeeUSA Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:42 am

There's no reason to write a new version of Unix, you're just tossing random buzz words out now. Just use linux or bsd as your base OS to run your software on. They are opensource, you can tweak the OSs as you wish if you need to do that (aslong as those tweaks remain avaiable to all)

MikeeUSA

Back to top Go down

Why isn't this making money/being produced? Empty Investors...at what price?

Post  Suze Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:36 am

Investors that might provide financial support to develop Aiko also want a big percentage of the "rights" to Aiko (85% to 95%) Shocked what an extreme insult Rolling Eyes Now during this global economic meltdown it's even harder to find an investor with a "reasonable" deal.

Le needs to retain control of Aiko's development, rather than please investors and be told what to do next. He's done very fine so far...without investors Smile

Aiko could be developed further with donations. It may be slower, but that could have advantages...

Big projects dependant on a huge budget are going to stall during an economic downturn...while Le has proven steady progression on a very small budget...I think Le is in the better position to maintain progress over time and create the better product.

Someone suggested Aiko should be on Wiki. Sounds like a great idea! Increase coverage...attract more donations.

I only saw the video of the Japanese female robot at the Fashion Show a couple of days ago...and immediately I was interested in the technology and wanted to know more. I'm an environmental science student, I know nothing about robotics. A video of Aiko was bundled with the other robot vids at YouTube. Though Aiko isn't even walking yet, I think she seems more user-friendly than the other bots. Le has naturally prioritised B.R.A.I.N.S. while others have focused on mobility. Though both developments are difficult challenges, I think accurate recognition and response to human instruction is a higher priority than mobility.

I'm happy to donate because Le is personally devoted to this dream, sacrificing his personal time and money to ultimately help many other people - he is not distracted with profitability...may the FORCE be with Le Exclamation

Yes...please get Aiko up on Wiki...get more coverage and interest and more donations will flow. Is there any way I can help someone with the Wiki thing? I dunno how just yet...but I'm a fast learner.

Suze

Last edited by Suze on Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected spelling B.R.A.I.N.S.)
Suze
Suze

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal-el Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:34 am

In order to make an article on Wikipedia on Aiko someone has to have a account with access these or something like that.

Kal-el

Back to top Go down

Why isn't this making money/being produced? Empty Wiki Promo...

Post  Suze Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:45 am

Thanks muchly...I'll go check it out Smile
Suze
Suze
Suze

Back to top Go down

Post  Balmung Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:59 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Aiko

you mean something like this? Wink
Balmung
Balmung

http://persocom.baltools.de

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal-el Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:08 pm

Balmung wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Aiko

Nice, just 10 minutes I searched what you need to make an article on wikipedia and I found out you only need to make a simple account and you have access to write an article...

But you need to change that article a bit, don't say "Mr.Trung said", make the article as if it was made by Lee Trung and add more information on it, take the information from projectaiko.com website, there's lots there and from this forum as well, also say that she can sing any song.

Kal-el

Back to top Go down

Why isn't this making money/being produced? Empty Brilliant :)

Post  Suze Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:09 am

Balmung wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Aiko

How cool Cool
Did you quickly add this or was it already there?

I only got as far as making an account, then didn't know how to make a new page.
Suze
Suze
Suze

Back to top Go down

Why isn't this making money/being produced? Empty Since Oct 2007...

Post  Suze Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:23 am

Hiya Balmung,
I now see the page has been there since Oct 2007. They have placed a notice on the page suggesting it may be deleted if it doesn't meet 'general notability guidelines'...dated Dec 2008.

Is there something specific we can do to avoid it being deleted then?

It might be good to add a bit of video too?
Maybe that interview by CNN?

Suze
Suze
Suze

Back to top Go down

Post  Balmung Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:00 am

The site is not really good written. The best is to completely rewrite the site, because there are much more information out right now.

I don't can help here much, my english is bad and i don't know how to write correctly an wiki article. These are not the best conditions.
Balmung
Balmung

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiko Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:15 pm

Hmmm.... don't know who did it.....
I would update it, if my English was better.....

The month of April will be an interesting month for Aiko.... going to get a lot of new parts and re-fixing the codes.... hopefully, it will reduce the cpu power by 5%....
IT will be from ground zero again.... who knows... the next time you see Aiko demo.... she may be cooking eggs for me.
I will be doing small video demo as I start with V2.
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

http://projectaiko.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal-el Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:39 am

Aiko wrote:Hmmm.... don't know who did it.....

Balmung did it but his english is not very good either, if you want to update the wikipedia page of Aiko then write here the updates and I'll correct them, eng is not my 1st language but I'm very good with foreign languages.

Kal-el

Back to top Go down

Why isn't this making money/being produced? Empty The wiki problem

Post  WulfCry Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:59 am

Balmung wrote:The site is not really good written. The best is to completely rewrite the site, because there are much more information out right now.

I don't can help here much, my english is bad and i don't know how to write correctly an wiki article. These are not the best conditions.

I've took a look at the guidelines and, The difficulty is in the reliable sources ensuring the claim or research.
First thing the wiki starts with

" Project Aiko (Japanese: 愛子) is Canada's first functional female android and was developed by Le Trung, a chemist graduate from York University. The project is also headed by Le Trung, who has designed the software and the hardware for the android. The name, Aiko, is derived the combination of the word "Ai" love and "ko" child. Project Aiko is not to be confused with the anime Project A-ko.
".

It said Canada's first functional femal android -> Can you prove that it is.
Le Trung a chemist graduate from York University -> has Le Trung given you that information with credentials.
Where is your source that Le Trung is the solely head of this project.
Any one can make a name up from combination of meaning.
and for last there is the part "Not to be confused with the anime Project Aiko."
This is very hard to swallow for wiki thats why they want more sources which is the point of wiki's

Cnn video's wont work caus that won't gain reliability as the wiki rule's advise.

What can be done is rewriting the wiki more neutral "As if" , And if Le Trung wants to give personal information about

his Univeristy than a link can be added "only if he give's this information there is a penalty if you used it without his consent"

The project is a personal project and is so from the beginning its not from M.I.T or any other University so research papers or any

article about what could claim some advanced engineering is not reviewed or peered.

But that won't seem to be the case here also self publications is also not allowed on wiki as secondary sources or primary.

I will try to look for a wiki page that is a good example to rewrite the site more neutral without the need for secondary sources.

Although you can say not as the anime Project aiko but I don't see the point in that.
You may add other review or summarized sources but again it won't do you good for secondary's.

Who thaught writing a Wiki was so difficult. confused

WulfCry

Back to top Go down

Post  Balmung Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:38 am

Kal-el wrote:
Aiko wrote:Hmmm.... don't know who did it.....

Balmung did it...
huh? I don't did this wiki article. I only post the link to it here. My english is bad yes, but thats don't mean, that i would write such a boring article, thats two totally different things and have nothing to do with another.

That it is difficult to write an wiki article is no big wonder, because wiki is an open project and open projects can only works right when there are some good rules for good standards, otherwise chaos would reign. Wink
Balmung
Balmung

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal-el Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:55 pm

@Balmung Laughing I thought you made it since you posted the link while everyone was saying that there's no article on wiki about Aiko.

I mentioned grammar so that Lee first posts here what he wants to update on that article for us to correct so that it doesn't get posted on wiki with grammar mistakes like the current Aiko article.

Kal-el

Back to top Go down

Why isn't this making money/being produced? Empty gramar mistakes do not exist

Post  andrew motz Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:51 pm

there is no such thing as a grammar mistake
our brain can sort it out easy
its strange but its true

just try to read this and u will know what i mean

if yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg.
The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy,
it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are,
the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.
The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm.
Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef,
but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
if you can raed tihs forwrad it.

i was like Shocked
i wonder .........when will aiko be able to do it jocolor

andrew motz

http://www.wildcatsreality.piczo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Balmung Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:18 pm

Yes, only the first and the last letter in a word must be on the right place. A amazing thing.
Balmung
Balmung

Back to top Go down

Post  WulfCry Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:55 pm

HAHAHAHA Well you cant say not to have a laugh here,
With a little bit of humor you can go a lot even on the Aiko forum.

Very Happy lol! afro

WulfCry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next