Project Aiko
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» introducing the cyberpunk software design pattern
New Terms for "Robot"  or special term when refering to Aiko. - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 1:57 am by japlu

» LG book updates
New Terms for "Robot"  or special term when refering to Aiko. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 5:54 pm by japlu

» LivinGrimoire swift version added
New Terms for "Robot"  or special term when refering to Aiko. - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2022 9:55 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire is now available in python as well
New Terms for "Robot"  or special term when refering to Aiko. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2022 9:03 am by japlu

» livingrimoire auxiliary modules
New Terms for "Robot"  or special term when refering to Aiko. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2022 4:51 pm by japlu

» [Python] Thinkable class
New Terms for "Robot"  or special term when refering to Aiko. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2022 7:11 pm by japlu

» owly check this out
New Terms for "Robot"  or special term when refering to Aiko. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 5:03 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire AGI
New Terms for "Robot"  or special term when refering to Aiko. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 4:35 pm by japlu

» Cherry Blossom Technology Launch!!!
New Terms for "Robot"  or special term when refering to Aiko. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 10:42 am by BlueSodaX

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

New Terms for "Robot" or special term when refering to Aiko.

+10
supervamp78
Reaper
andrew motz
Henry
Kaito
WulfCry
Konrad13
Kal-el
captquazar
Aiko
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New Terms for "Robot"  or special term when refering to Aiko. - Page 2 Empty Yes it does

Post  WulfCry Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:19 am

I think to have liking for yumecom to , Also because it has a slight ring of an anime convention where people who
have a yumecom are part of an community where they use there android for anything an can talk about it somewhere
it seems fitting. Cool

WulfCry

Back to top Go down

New Terms for "Robot"  or special term when refering to Aiko. - Page 2 Empty Re: New Terms for "Robot" or special term when refering to Aiko.

Post  Aiko Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:26 am

OK.... I think we have a winner... Yumecom.
Very Happy

When I have the money, I will trademark it... hopefully end of Feb.

Aiko v2 will start soon too.
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

http://projectaiko.com

Back to top Go down

New Terms for "Robot"  or special term when refering to Aiko. - Page 2 Empty Re: New Terms for "Robot" or special term when refering to Aiko.

Post  Artilects rule! Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:24 pm

Aiko wrote:Hi

I need all of your help on this one.
Chobits used the word persocom to describe Chii (personal computer in human form)
I want to use persocom to describe Aiko, but I think that word is copyright by clamp.

So we need to make our own name for Aiko. (I hate calling Aiko as robot, fembot or android..... I need to make Aiko own Identity)
Something that will say....

computer + silicone + female + robot/humanoid + human behaviour + companion.

The best I can come up with is.... femcom....

Any other Idea for name...
study
I haven't read this whole thread yet, so forgive me if this has been mentioned, but if anyone is thinking "synthacomp" for synthetic companion, that has already been taken (software only).

Artilects rule!

Back to top Go down

Post  Artilects rule! Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:33 pm

Aiko wrote:"Espirion"

Sound nice, but can't use a trademark name. The last thing I need is getting a call from their lawyer.

Aikocom sound OK.....
But I will wait for a better name.....

Yumecom = Dream computer
How about it guys and gals... yumecom....???

cheers
Wait a minute, "dream computer"?
Would you really call her a computer?
If an Aiko series is to be commercialized, I wouldn't want people to think they're getting software on a mobile computer (has the implication of created for sexual arousal).
You could promote her as "Dream Companion".

Artilects rule!

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiko Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:44 am

Yumecom

well, it's either dream computer or dream companion....
haven't decided it yet.
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SixStringSamurai Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:55 pm

I would go with dream computer, it is more gender neutral and I feel that "Dream Companion" would put out a negative stereotype on your Aiko.

I decided to register with the forums and the previous post is mine, feel free to delete it.

SixStringSamurai

Back to top Go down

Post  Saki Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:54 am

It sounds like you guys are getting hung up on the "persocom" thing.

Aiko, if I'm to understand it correctly, is not a computer. Only a portion of what makes it tick, essentially acting as the brain.

I think, to call it Aiko and then tack on computer at the end would be akin to calling a person 'Sarahbrain', as if having a brain made her distinctive.

Reaper wrote:I don't think Aiko should be in the name for your type of droid as it's a personal name for this particular droid.

I agree with this. Having Aiko's name in there takes away from its uniqueness as the first of its particular brand.

It's an original prototype model, and that position demands respect. Therefore, I reason Aiko should be the name by which it, as an individual unit, is solely known.

From a strictly marketing standpoint, I'm not sure the current cultural conditions are as such one would find calling it a "companion" a good selling point.

We haven't progressed far enough that a label such as "companion" would find appeal with more than a select demographic. To the general public, she is a very large, very pretty doll that talks, moves and mayhaps does a jig or two.

To most, it will be as an object.

However, all things considered, it seems her primary function is in 'keeping friendly company'.

I don't know what, if any, kanji were used in Aiko's name, however it usually is translated to "love" and child" (in american english, anyway).

And as for the word android, at first glance it can easily be construed to stem from "androgynous" and "humanoid".

I believe that any models to follow in her legacy could be labeled "hanoid", mixing up the kanji for "friend", "companion" or "follower" with the word "humanoid" would work well. Then, as sub identification (depending on model/upgrade lineage) perhaps they are defined by the start model. Example: "Hanoid, Aiko-type".
Saki
Saki

Back to top Go down

Post  Artilects rule! Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:51 pm

SixStringSamurai wrote:I decided to register with the forums and the previous post is mine, feel free to delete it.
Which post is that?
Saki wrote:From a strictly marketing standpoint, I'm not sure the current cultural conditions are as such one would find calling it a "companion" a good selling point.
In America "companion" has the same connotation as a same sex living partner, with sexual innuendo implied.
Maybe it's best that it isn't called a companion after all, but that's what it would be used for anyway.

Aiko v2 can appear as if it has free will when it comes to sexual actions.
Can it be reprogrammed in such a way that it won't reject these actions, yet still appear to have free will?

Last edited by Artilects rule! on Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Artilects rule!

Back to top Go down

Post  Artilects rule! Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:09 pm

Henry wrote:Persocom ぱそこ (Pasoco) Is just the Japanese meaning of Personal Computer. I doubt if "Personal Computer" is Copyrighted XD
The name Persocom is trademarked by CLAMP (as seen in the American manga books).

Artilects rule!

Back to top Go down

Post  WulfCry Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:33 am

Artilects rule! wrote:
In America "companion" has the same connotation as a same sex living partner, with sexual innuendo implied.
Maybe it's best that it isn't called a companion after all, but that's what it would be used for anyway.

Can it be reprogramed in such a way that it won't reject these actions, yet still appear to have free will?

I'm curious "Artilects rule!" what? is it with you and SEX with robots do you desire sex with a robot ,
Or just uhm advocate for sex with robots because I dunno dude somehow you seem fixed to that subject,
between companion , partner + sex and such.

Please explain.

Saki you made a good point there it is certainly something to think about as seem I have the same problem to state
naming conventions to devices that seem to interact lively to humans.

To quote John Lassiter from pixar "When something animate so well that movements translate emotions to a level,
that appeal to the audience". And when it does you know to have something really changing behaviour how interaction
acts on the emotions of people themself.

My point is when your product , project or idea is going that way you want it to last forever, Yumecom is like a dream come treu.

WulfCry

Back to top Go down

New Terms for "Robot"  or special term when refering to Aiko. - Page 2 Empty It's official. Yumecom

Post  Aiko Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:49 pm

It's official.

Registrar with Canadian trademark office

"Yumecom" use to describe dream computer robot
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Artilects rule! Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:05 pm

WulfCry wrote:
Artilects rule! wrote:

Can it be reprogrammed in such a way that it won't reject these actions, yet still appear to have free will?

I'm curious "Artilects rule!" what? is it with you and SEX with robots do you desire sex with a robot ,
Or just uhm advocate for sex with robots because I dunno dude somehow you seem fixed to that subject,
between companion , partner + sex and such.

Please explain.
I want neither sex with a robot nor sex with a human.
I'm defining sex as penetration only, and not skin to skin contact described as sensual rather than sexual.
Sure given the chance I would do this, but I'm not going out and buy one (don't like online orders or have that much money).
I say sex as a matter of option.
"If you don't want penetration, why ask for the capability?"
It wouldn't be very realistic otherwise.
It's like saying "If you like to look at nude girls, why have Yumecoms wear clothes?"

I'm sorry if this is getting too sexual.
WulfCry, maybe we should continue this discussion in PMs rather than on the board.

Artilects rule!

Back to top Go down

New Terms for "Robot"  or special term when refering to Aiko. - Page 2 Empty Finaly I was waiting and waiting.

Post  WulfCry Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:54 am

Heya Artilect nice to see you back lol! .

I was wondering if you ever returned an answer anyway thanks for that.

the human kind is prone for sexual desire it really depends of those who can withstand the urge

or comply to there needs on a periodic basis "ahum" I could be wrong. But maybe there will be other "companions" to do so.

As seem that the sex industrie has enough cash to throw around for such development.

Any way I think for me this subject is a close matter thanks for the invitation to exhange ideas about it

But no thanks maybe in the future. Very Happy

Your thoughts about things are refreshing and take matters?. In small perspective either way things getting

Interresting it shows that there is more to the subject then technology alone.

This is also my message to anyone else on this forum dont be afraid to say things that seems ridiculous

I'm not a critic to your subject as some think. I'm open minded. cheers

WulfCry

Back to top Go down

Post  Artilects rule! Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:13 pm

WulfCry wrote:Heya Artilect nice to see you back lol! .

I was wondering if you ever returned an answer anyway thanks for that.

the human kind is prone for sexual desire it really depends of those who can withstand the urge

or comply to there needs on a periodic basis "ahum" I could be wrong. But maybe there will be other "companions" to do so.

As seem that the sex industrie has enough cash to throw around for such development.
I think similar to Konrad13 in this matter.
A robot should not be made only for sexual stimulation if it includes free will (meaning the robot has rights), but if there is no free will, guilt free sexual gratification can occur.

The moment I get one that looks realistic enough, I would probably feel her up.
Until I find out she has a will of her own I would be free to do this because she does not object.
Aiko v2 will object to this action, but she must be able to determine if she wants to allow it to happen, not always disallow it.

Artilects rule!

Back to top Go down

New Terms for "Robot"  or special term when refering to Aiko. - Page 2 Empty ok ok

Post  WulfCry Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:13 pm

Really this is to much for me to hear what you will do to it if you ever get one scratch ,

Perish the though Neutral

WulfCry

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiko Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:19 am

Hi guys...

Off topic here.... one of you just start a new topic.
Try to keep this topic as "yumecom"

Thank
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Artilects rule! Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:50 am

Aiko wrote:Hi guys...

Off topic here.... one of you just start a new topic.
Try to keep this topic as "yumecom"

Thank
That's what I thought I should do in the first place.

Artilects rule!

Back to top Go down

Post  Aureon Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:10 am

hey
when i saw aiko P. web for first time.i saw"yumecom''
which ''yume'' means ''dream''
i think yumecom is good
but its already a reality now
it is not a ''dream'' anymore
lets think a better name

Aureon

Back to top Go down

New Terms for "Robot"  or special term when refering to Aiko. - Page 2 Empty Dream Computer Robot

Post  Arti Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:22 am

Actually Le meant his dream (remember her name means Love Child), but I see your point to be used in other areas such as the medical field.
Their have been articles (including Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube) promoting the name Yumecom, so I don't think we can go back now.

Arti

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2