Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cherry Blossom Technology Launch!!!
Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:42 am by BlueSodaX

» Will aiko V2+ can/will be able to have sex ?
Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:08 am by Lordoomer

» Is this project still going?
Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:54 pm by Superdog1138

» Aiko New Hand V2 from 3d printer
Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:44 am by Kthomp06

» Tip: Try to create a start-up
Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:03 pm by Kazama_Tenkai

» Hello Everyone!
Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:01 pm by BlueSodaX

» My best regards to Mr. Trungs herculean endeavor
Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:09 am by Discoman

» how to make robots that are more accepted by people-through war.
Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:22 pm by Boetharch

» Who want to see Sumomo From Chobits made?
Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:30 pm by minoru

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Calendar Calendar


should aiko go to japan or china in the future

View previous topic View next topic Go down

should aiko go to japan or china in the future

Post  lordkalem on Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:06 pm

if you were to go to japan or china you may find beter software or hardware that you cant find in canada and can't order in from ether J or C.
avatar
lordkalem

Posts : 2
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: should aiko go to japan or china in the future

Post  Aiko on Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:05 am

You make it sound so easy. It really doesn't work like that in the real world. I go to Japan every 2 years to see the technology and visit some people.
Anyway, China doesn't have any android, so how am I suppose to buy any software and hardware.

In japan there are only basically 3 companies.
1)Kokoro which make your actroid.... nice android but they don't have true software to run it.
2) Honda, which spent $250 millions dollars US on Asimo research.... I don't think they will sell their technology for $99.
3) Kawada, which funded by the Japanese company. their lastest android walking.... I thought it could be better since it was funded by the government.

Then there is a few other like in Korea....never seen it live only on youtube, so can't really comment much.

I don't have the money to buy other people technology, not too mention the fun part is making your own.
It's a hobby.... you build yourself for better or worse.
NEW innovation come from building new thing, not from buying stuff or copying stuff from other people.

I am not an engineer nor software engineer. I learn as I go. I learn from my mistake, but I learn new thing each day.


I hope that make sense.
avatar
Aiko
Admin

Posts : 335
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2008-08-22

View user profile http://projectaiko.com

Back to top Go down

Re: should aiko go to japan or china in the future

Post  Infini on Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:08 am

Aiko wrote:Kawada, which funded by the Japanese company. their lastest android walking.... I thought it could be better since it was funded by the government.

I agree with this. Considering how much funding some of these companies have, I'm alarmed that the best they can do is make a robot that walks like an old lady with arthritis. Robots like that HRP-4C clearly have massive funding, but they still don't move gracefully at all.

It makes me think that if those companies can't make a robot walk or run properly, it's not even something I can think of doing on my own with no money. It's just a waiting game for technology to catch up.
avatar
Infini

Posts : 2
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: should aiko go to japan or china in the future

Post  ico on Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:02 am

Infini wrote:I agree with this. Considering how much funding some of these companies have, I'm alarmed that the best they can do is make a robot that walks like an old lady with arthritis. Robots like that HRP-4C clearly have massive funding, but they still don't move gracefully at all.

It makes me think that if those companies can't make a robot walk or run properly, it's not even something I can think of doing on my own with no money. It's just a waiting game for technology to catch up.
It's not about money, it's about intelligence. If they don't have people that are intelligent enough to make things properly then even money cannot help them. Even when they have people with high degrees that doesn't mean that they are intelligent Neutral But someone intelligent can do 10-times better work with much less money.
avatar
ico

Posts : 211
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-10-05
Age : 37
Location : Europe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

This is the statement to go at.

Post  WulfCry on Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:00 am

Aiko wrote:the fun part is making your own.
It's a hobby.... you build yourself for better or worse.
NEW innovation come from building new thing, not from buying stuff or copying stuff from other people.

I am not an engineer nor software engineer. I learn as I go. I learn from my mistake, but I learn new thing each day.


I hope that make sense.

I like this statement sounds like a true hobbyist making it possible.
Getting things done is surely the way to go we can all look and awe at stuff others build, If you want it you start it up. Even if U cant find others doing some parts for you. The difficulty to overcome is getting at it versus think about it.
I myself I'm a failure at stuff but I keep getting on it till its right eventually you get the hang off it failure is just a part for getting better its part of the equation doing things.
Keep it simple don't pressure yourself.


Last edited by WulfCry on Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : some wisdom.)

WulfCry

Posts : 109
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2008-12-10
Location : Netherland , Rotterdam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

hehh

Post  lordkalem on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:24 am

i was really stupid on the day i posted my last...post... im still a little dumbed down.
avatar
lordkalem

Posts : 2
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Stiff up a lip :))

Post  WulfCry on Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:48 pm

lordkalem wrote:i was really stupid on the day i posted my last...post... im still a little dumbed down.

Nah you asked for something you wanted to know about. So yes there are many applications out to serve ones purpose, most of them are just to difficult or lack that little feature you wanted. Thats why most people try and build there own so don't worry your qeustion is sound not dumb Smile.

WulfCry

Posts : 109
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2008-12-10
Location : Netherland , Rotterdam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: should aiko go to japan or china in the future

Post  animeunplugged on Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:55 am

Infini wrote:
Aiko wrote:Kawada, which funded by the Japanese company. their lastest android walking.... I thought it could be better since it was funded by the government.

I agree with this. Considering how much funding some of these companies have, I'm alarmed that the best they can do is make a robot that walks like an old lady with arthritis. Robots like that HRP-4C clearly have massive funding, but they still don't move gracefully at all.

It makes me think that if those companies can't make a robot walk or run properly, it's not even something I can think of doing on my own with no money. It's just a waiting game for technology to catch up.
waiting for technology to catch that sound like what james camaron said about him making avatar (but it was a very very very genaric plot and it was so pridictiable the only thing good about this movie was when it ended and the 3D
avatar
animeunplugged

Posts : 69
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-04-24
Location : wichita ,ks

View user profile http://syfyrobotics.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

re

Post  ico on Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:06 am

"Avatar...the only thing good about this movie was when it ended"
-I couldn't more agree
avatar
ico

Posts : 211
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-10-05
Age : 37
Location : Europe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: should aiko go to japan or china in the future

Post  animeunplugged on Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:58 pm

ico wrote:"Avatar...the only thing good about this movie was when it ended"
-I couldn't more agree
did you wast money to go see it to? it cost me $10 it was a total wast Mad
avatar
animeunplugged

Posts : 69
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-04-24
Location : wichita ,ks

View user profile http://syfyrobotics.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

re

Post  ico on Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:25 am

animeunplugged wrote:did you wast money to go see it to? it cost me $10 it was a total wast Mad
It was shown on an anime/sci-fi convention. I wouldn't go to a cinema for it. I couldn't watch it for more than a few seconds, the pictures of the ugly blue creatures were just too disgusting pale Final Fantasy maybe hadn't such graphic but it was hundred times better.
avatar
ico

Posts : 211
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-10-05
Age : 37
Location : Europe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: should aiko go to japan or china in the future

Post  animeunplugged on Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:59 am

At first I thoght it would be not so bad but then it was almost 2 hours of torcher Shocked i don't know why i didn't get up and leave i kept telling myself it will get better soon but it did not!!! Mad Mad It was such a genaric plot i kept thinking of star wars,gundam,and star track but even they presented there plots/story then avatar did!!! Sad Mad Mad
avatar
animeunplugged

Posts : 69
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-04-24
Location : wichita ,ks

View user profile http://syfyrobotics.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: should aiko go to japan or china in the future

Post  animeunplugged on Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:05 am

ico wrote:
animeunplugged wrote:did you wast money to go see it to? it cost me $10 it was a total wast Mad
It was shown on an anime/sci-fi convention. I wouldn't go to a cinema for it. I couldn't watch it for more than a few seconds, the pictures of the ugly blue creatures were just too disgusting pale Final Fantasy maybe hadn't such graphic but it was hundred times better.
I know the blue alians were pretty much naked for the whole movie it was like a porno and a bad one affraid lol!
avatar
animeunplugged

Posts : 69
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-04-24
Location : wichita ,ks

View user profile http://syfyrobotics.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: should aiko go to japan or china in the future

Post  Random on Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:49 am

Here's the key ... looks like someone needs to make millions of dollars with a hedge fund and then develop a real walking companion robot, independent of financial considerations.

Random
Guest


Back to top Go down

avatar

Post  lordkale on Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:09 pm

ok... i'll make one thing clear. although i agree that it wasn't a good move there is one thing that you are overlooking. that because of this ONE film we now have real time 3 Dimensional animational technology. there was no one at the time who was even thinking of this technological wonder. at least no one with any skill to actually poll it off. before it would take over 2 years of editing alone on a 3D film to ad armor that they didn't have or to even change how one person looked. and i think the only reason for why people think this movie is bad is because they had no idea what the movie was untill they saw it. i knew from the very start that it would be more Pocahontas/ferngully drama and i watched it because of that and i loved it. because i knew that it wasn't an original story so i treated it like a remake of either or. now yes it's story dose have a bazillion flaws and the reason as to why this jack ass thinks he could commit mass geneside is completely beyond me but really it really is just a new age Pocahontas and i think that it should be treated as such. heck they should have just named it "Pocahontas a new age" or P.0 then at least people would take it more seriously.

lordkale
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: should aiko go to japan or china in the future

Post  mikeccuk2005 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:49 pm

HRP-4C and other robots like Asimo have something in common. The way they walk is the same as those smaller humanoid robots that used to do robocup and fighting-robot; I assumed that these developers are being hired by companies that to make life size humanoid robot? With all the silly walking cycle and turning, there were pretty much the same as those robots.

I'd like to see anyone that is smart enough to develop some kind of dynamic walking motion and based on most of actual human anatomy.

mikeccuk2005

Posts : 48
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-11-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: should aiko go to japan or china in the future

Post  Discoman on Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:49 pm

Aiko wrote:You make it sound so easy. It really doesn't work like that in the real world. I go to Japan every 2 years to see the technology and visit some people.
Anyway, China doesn't have any android, so how am I suppose to buy any software and hardware.

In japan there are only basically 3 companies.
1)Kokoro which make your actroid.... nice android but they don't have true software to run it.
2) Honda, which spent $250 millions dollars US on Asimo research.... I don't think they will sell their technology for $99.
3) Kawada, which funded by the Japanese company. their lastest android walking.... I thought it could be better since it was funded by the government.

Then there is a few other like in Korea....never seen it live only on youtube, so can't really comment much.

I don't have the money to buy other people technology, not too mention the fun part is making your own.
It's a hobby.... you build yourself for better or worse.
NEW innovation come from building new thing, not from buying stuff or copying stuff from other people.

I am not an engineer nor software engineer. I learn as I go. I learn from my mistake, but I learn new thing each day.


I hope that make sense.

well, everyone else covered the other points, so i'll take the remaining one.
doesn't china now have that dion robot?
http://www.ubergizmo.com/2006/10/new-robot-from-the-sleeping-dragon/
well, it's something. not as good as others, but it's a start.
avatar
Discoman
Admin

Posts : 212
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-07-01
Age : 24
Location : USA

View user profile http://blogofthehawk.com

Back to top Go down

Re: should aiko go to japan or china in the future

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum