Project Aiko
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» introducing the cyberpunk software design pattern
Aiko Future abilities EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 1:57 am by japlu

» LG book updates
Aiko Future abilities EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 5:54 pm by japlu

» LivinGrimoire swift version added
Aiko Future abilities EmptySat Jul 23, 2022 9:55 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire is now available in python as well
Aiko Future abilities EmptyTue May 03, 2022 9:03 am by japlu

» livingrimoire auxiliary modules
Aiko Future abilities EmptyMon Apr 25, 2022 4:51 pm by japlu

» [Python] Thinkable class
Aiko Future abilities EmptyTue Apr 05, 2022 7:11 pm by japlu

» owly check this out
Aiko Future abilities EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 5:03 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire AGI
Aiko Future abilities EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 4:35 pm by japlu

» Cherry Blossom Technology Launch!!!
Aiko Future abilities EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 10:42 am by BlueSodaX

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Aiko Future abilities

5 posters

Go down

Aiko Future abilities Empty Aiko Future abilities

Post  Aiko Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:10 am

Hi

Total re-designed the software with the new hardware....In theory it should work.
Deadline: 3 months.

If I can get 5 out of 8, I would be happy.

1) Make me tea and coffee
2) feed me sushi
3) Make simple breakfast egg and bacon.
4) I lie down on Aiko lap, and have her Q-tip my ear. (In theory it should work)
5) Able to do simple "writing"
6) clean my windows
7) dust my shelf.
Cool Aiko should recognize the toilet when put next to it. Should know how to clean it. (I hate cleaning the bathroom, might as well have someone else do it for me)

Last edited by Aiko on Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

http://projectaiko.com

Back to top Go down

Aiko Future abilities Empty Re: Aiko Future abilities

Post  karlkablisk Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:00 am

4) I lie down on Aiko lap, and have her Q-tip my ear. (In theory it should work)
Thats Super traditional Japanese stuff right there! haha.

I hope the new abilities work out!

- KKL

karlkablisk

http://www.kabliskkeep.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiko Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:12 am

Having Aiko playing around with my ear.... have to do a lot of testing before I try it on myself.
Don't want to damage my ear drum.

Last edited by Aiko on Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Aiko Future abilities Empty sentience=?

Post  little_meerkat Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:48 am

Hello! I've been fascinated with the idea of AI and androids ever since I was a child (but know nothing about the technical stuff). I was wondering: in your opinion, will Aiko gain sentience one day? Of course there's always the question of how to define sentience, but... Personally I mean self-awareness, the ability to make one's own conclusions and - possibly - to have emotions, not just display/mimic them. A bit like Chii in Chobits!Smile (Great manga, I like it very much indeed! Wish they had made a sequel...do you have any suggestions on similar manga or anime?) Thanks for your time!
Jenna, aka Little Meerkat.

little_meerkat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal-el Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:30 pm

1) Sensation on Aiko’s Face ($1000 estimate)
2) Taste Buds (to distinguish between different drinks) ($1000 estimate)
3) Proper hands for Aiko ($2400 estimate)
4) Make Aiko walk ($10,000 estimate)

Can you make Aiko walk with just 10.000$??

I think you need more moneys for that one considering that Asimo costs 1 million dollars and it doesn't walk very good.

The electric motors and all the equipment needed will cost a lot, I mean if you want to make it walk good.

--"3) Proper hands for Aiko ($2400 estimate)" --yes Aiko really needs some proper hands, the current ones are too slow and not very accurate.

But I'm wondering, how efficient the fingers will move ?? That is pretty hard to achieve.

But woooww I congratulate you for achieving what you did so far ,it's amazing, I have a passion for science and these androids really tickle my imagination.

Kal-el

Back to top Go down

Aiko Future abilities Empty Q?

Post  ekaxiP Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:54 pm

ตั้งแต่ผมใด้เห็น robot ทั้งหมดในปี 2008 นี้

ผมขอชื่นชม Aiko มากที่สุดครับ ไม่ว่าจะเป็นการมองสิ่งของ โต้ตอบพูดคุย อ่านตัวหนังสือ!! นี่มันสุดยอดมาก
อันที่จริงก็ไม่มีอะไรมากหรอกครับ เพียงต้องการจะชื่นชมคุณเท่านั้น Keep up the Good work!

Q:How Aiko know your sound?

Q:Have to call her name frist befor tell her to do something?

Q:What is the anser of Aiko if she doesn't understand there question?

ekaxiP

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiko Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:11 pm

To: Kal-el

Actually, Asimo cost $250 millions US. for the prototype over 25 years to make.
For Aiko to walk with $10K, it's a dream, not sure it will work or not.

To: ekaxiP
Aiko recognize anybody voice not just me.
You don't really have to call her name. I am so use to it when speaking to her.
She doesn't say anything if she doesn't understand the question.
However, if I put in auto mode, she will try to say something, which usually doesn't make sense.
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal-el Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:05 pm

OK ,it would be great if you do it with just 10.000$, that means they aren't just for the rich people as I thought, very good news.

I have a another question if you don't mind, I know that you're developing all the software part for this robot and from what I've seen large part of the robotics as well and I congratulate you for that but I also want to know who is developing the hardware for it? Can you explain it for me because I'm EXTREMELY bounce curious what is the hardware for it? Are there some kind of chips which are doing the processing job, but what kind of chips and who is developing these chips ,is it AMD,Intel or Nvidia? or are these chips actual micro processors or is it an actual computer(PC?) in there? and if there are chips how do they work? on what is the software put, on a flash memory?

What is the speed of the hardware improvement? The same speed as the micro processors based on the Moore's law which stipulates that at every 18 month the processing power doubles? Can you make some predictions of the hardware improvement?

My take on the hardware is like this,don't laugh...Very Happy , there is a motherboard(like PC's motherboard) and on that motherboard there are chips each computing the signals(binary in 0 and 1?) for the specified electric motors,sensors, cameras ,microphones etc and those chips are computing based on your software and all the wires in the robot(except battery) are coming and going from that motherboard with its chips and the software is on a flash memory in connection with the motherboard, if it's like this I want to know more about the development of these chips, motherboards, electric motors,sensors,cameras and also the battery development bounce

Please explain the hardware for me because these robots are becoming a passion for me also and I'm considering building one for fun ,not human like because that would mean lots of moneys and knowledge that I don't have but a small one would be nice.

Kal-el

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal-el Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:05 pm

I thought you would be more cooperative Aiko and share some of the information about robots, oh well I'll have to search on other sites.

At least tell me if you use a mini-ITX mainboard for the robot? And with what battery are you powering it up.

Kal-el

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiko Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:21 am

Hi Kal-el

To keep it simple, the current Aiko runs on Intel as a main processor, and C7 as a secondary processors..
Both are very slow, you really need to connect at least 10 core2 for 3-d object recognition to work well.
6 micro controllers.... going to be 8 very soon.
Micro controller you mainly program it in 8 bits ... 0 and 1... sometimes hex. depends on the board.

mini-itx too slow... would not recommend anyone to use on android.
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal-el Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:45 pm

OK thanks for the answer and I have a another question, how you connect the micro-controllers with the main board and if you know from where I can download a simple software for this kind of robots.

And do you know what type of hardware(processors,micro-controllers etc) Asimo uses?

Kal-el

Back to top Go down

Post  Vicious Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:46 am

Kal-el wrote:And do you know what type of hardware(processors,micro-controllers etc) Asimo uses?
"Microspec II" is what they have listed on their site. And then there's some "3d" processor http://www.digitalworldtokyo.com/index.php/digital_tokyo/articles/honda_creates_3d_cpu_to_power_super_asimo/

Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal-el Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:57 pm

Vicious wrote:
Kal-el wrote:And do you know what type of hardware(processors,micro-controllers etc) Asimo uses?
"Microspec II" is what they have listed on their site. And then there's some "3d" processor http://www.digitalworldtokyo.com/index.php/digital_tokyo/articles/honda_creates_3d_cpu_to_power_super_asimo/

Thanks for telling me about those 3D chips, I didn't knew about them, it says there that those 3D chips were build in January this year by Honda(car company and also builder of Asimo), do you think they already put them in Asimo? Is there any major difference in it's artificial intelligence?

And what is Microspec II? I couldn't find anything about it.

Kal-el

Back to top Go down

Post  Vicious Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:57 pm

Kal-el wrote:do you think they already put them in Asimo?
I'd think so.

Kal-el wrote:Is there any major difference in it's artificial intelligence?
I don't know anymore than you do on it. But I doubt it's anything major.

Kal-el wrote:And what is Microspec II? I couldn't find anything about it.
Me either. Considering they've built that 3d chip, it's safe to say that they've probably manufactured custom hardware for Asimo that you can't buy anywhere. You can imagine how many other companies would be making androids if their hardware specs were easily available. There'd be "knockoff" Asimos selling in China by now. But I could be wrong. If I find anything more on the specs I'll be sure to post here.

I want an Android too bounce

Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down